Mission 37 - Red-Billed Oxpeckers Hitching a Free Ride | NEED ADVICE!

BrandonStorm

Hi all,

I registered for this great site solely to ask for help with this.

My main issue is that these damned birds never show up.

I have quite literally spent hours (going multiple day/night cycles in a row per sitting) trying to snap a pic and they never show up.

I have no other missions and I've got to be damned close to having taken pictures of every Animal Encyclopedia animal floating around (got bored and actually went through the whole map on foot).

Is there a secret or a trick? What am I doing wrong?

This trophy is NOT glitched. Some of these animals are rare spawns and will take a long time to appear, check the PDF file that's linked to in the Road Map as that has the locations and methods for obtaining them. Also, check this thread: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/afrika/30870-animal-locations.html. I would also try deleting your install and reinstalling the game as something may have gone wrong.

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

This trophy is NOT glitched. Some of these animals are rare spawns and will take a long time to appear, check the PDF file that's linked to in the Road Map as that has the locations and methods for obtaining them. Also, check this thread: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/afrika/30870-animal-locations.html. I would also try deleting your install and reinstalling the game as something may have gone wrong.

The guide and the animal locations link are my tomes right now. Couldn't have gotten as far as I have without them.

I'm definitely going to try deleting and reinstalling. I've come across some rare ones before, but I've literally been working on this specific mission for over a week, every single day. No way it's THAT rare.

I can't think of any prerequisite (even indirect like having a certain animal in the encyclopedia) that I could have missed at this point.

Thanks for the help so far.

This was a pain for me too. A few tips, I have only ever seen one, on the buffalo in Lake Haroe, the group in the far North West where there are usually 4-5 of them. The one I saw was on the buffalo's nose, practically up the nostril, very hard to see. I have heard they can also appear on the horns and on the back. Keep trying, it took me a few attempts to get them to spawn too.

This was a pain for me too. A few tips, I have only ever seen one, on the buffalo in Lake Haroe, the group in the far North West where there are usually 4-5 of them. The one I saw was on the buffalo's nose, practically up the nostril, very hard to see. I have heard they can also appear on the horns and on the back. Keep trying, it took me a few attempts to get them to spawn too.

Oh christ, I only ever look at the top of the back and the horns.

I do have a follow-up question though, was the bird there immediately, or did you have to wait for him to fly in and land? Just curious if I can cut my waiting time down significantly because I usually just watch them for an entire day-night cycle and then camp and begin anew the next day.

Oh christ, I only ever look at the top of the back and the horns.

I do have a follow-up question though, was the bird there immediately, or did you have to wait for him to fly in and land? Just curious if I can cut my waiting time down significantly because I usually just watch them for an entire day-night cycle and then camp and begin anew the next day.

What I did was turn up to the group of buffalos, have a really good look. If the bird wasn't there already I would end safari and try the next day. Only took a few attempts really. I have never seen one fly, the bird was already there, and I took the photo and left so I didn't think to disturb the herd to see if it would fly away.

Alright, finally got it.

I don't know if this has any relation, but it was right after I took pics of the baboon (and subsequently the baboon baby mission).

I've driven past those damned dirty apes countless times trying to do this missions and then while going through my field guide I realized the last time I snapped a pic of them I was attacked and lost the pic. Completely forgot about it.

Was going through my field guide and realize they were missing, took their pic, got the baboon and baby mission, did that one and then when I went to do mission 37 again there was about 6 buffalo (opposed to the maximum of 4 I've ever seen) and every other one had a red-billed oxpecker on it (oh yeah, and there was a warthog there).

Hope this helps someone else as well.