XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > A (PS3) > Afrika

Old 10-28-2011, 09:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs down afrika is not hakuna matata

..I feel so stupid... So it turned out I bought Hakuna Matata (that's what printed on the cover) thinking it was Afrika. Kinda looking forward doing the game untill plat after just boosting Far Cry 2 (hello Afrika again lol).....

Hakuna Matata has no tropies!!!!!!! just found out and I'm really pissed and sad now...

BUMP

ps) read somewhere only the US-Version of Afrika has trophies. Does anybody knows if I can play that game in Europe on my ps3 here?

Last edited by vdmmuc; 10-28-2011 at 09:05 PM.
vdmmuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

ALL PS3 games are region free but saves and DLCs are not and yes, only the USA version has trophies.

Amazon.com and Ebay are your best bet of getting a copy.

PS: When I say that saves are region locked, I mean that you cannot use the save from a game in one region and use it with one from another.
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Credit to prozendaal for the avatar.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then read these Road Map, Trophy Guide and Guide Supplement before you start and use the Guide Template Generator. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

You could try ordering it from 365games.co.uk - that's where I recently bought a copy of Afrika.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
You could try ordering it from 365games.co.uk - that's where I recently bought a copy of Afrika.
I bought Afrika now. I hope Afrika is what i get. The picture showed a cover with Afrika written on it. The first one i bought was called Afrika but had a cover with Hakuna Matata on it
Old 10-31-2011, 11:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

Providing it says it's Region 1 on the Spine you'll be fine .
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Credit to prozendaal for the avatar.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then read these Road Map, Trophy Guide and Guide Supplement before you start and use the Guide Template Generator. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

correction: Hakuna Matata is Afrika. Afrika is the game with the trophies, but other than that its the same game.
Crealkllr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

I just bought this game from amazon.co.uk, the description says it's the USA version, so fingers crossed it will be the correct one, with trophies!!

EDIT: It has arrived in the meantime, and it's definitely the USA version, so if there are any other Europeans out here who want to buy this: you can find it on amazon.co.uk, check the marketplace vendors!

Last edited by Preddie2012; 04-22-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Preddie2012 is offline   Reply With Quote