Tips for Legend difficulty

KRAUSY13

Does anyone have any tips for playing on Legend. I normally seem to play most of the halves (I'm playing NAB cup) well, but then the opposition gets a burst of 5 goals or so, which makes it difficult to come back from. Its really frustrating the hell out of me. I've played as Hawthorn and Geelong but with no luck. So if anyone has any tips to share that would be great.

Tackle, Tackle, Tackle,

No really that’s how I am winning, not letting go of triangle button unless your going for a spoil then tap like mad.

When you have the ball and you get tackled, handball it the direction of another player if there is no player then handball it to the way your going.

When there is two players running after the ball, ie computer and your self, you can bumb the ball before they you or they pick it up, this may knock them down or bumb them causing them to stop.. This method may take a while getting use to doing.

• 3 weeks later...

i have my forwards set to attackin playstlye balance and everything else defensive with backlines playing in front. 50m huddle for kick ins, man up for there kick in's and spoil over marking seems too work for me haven't lost a game playing that way yet and average 150+point wins every game i also play as collingwood. its the injuries that kill you in season player rotation is important so they don't get hurt. also found a glitch if player gets badly injured and you have used your sub if they come on and get re injured the new injury counter acts the old one. hope that helps. also helps to play as a good team too

• 1 month later...

When I had the game I would make sure to win the ball in the ruck>handball towards my forward 50>long drop punt/torp>hopefully Jonathan Brown takes a mark

Otherwise as earlier stated you're left with tackling continuously.

This method got me the Coleman and Brownlow with Jonathan Brown though... And also got me the trophy for 40 handballs in a single game (I think that's what the trophy was for) with Matty Leuenberger :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
did u start playing at all? like i start a game and within 5 min im down 20 - 30 points

nup not at all, once the umpire bounces the ball, i used the AI trick, for EVERY game.

Last minute of the grand final, im up 60points, so I return back to the game, take control of my winning team and play out the last minute. once the game is over, I got the Legendary trophy.

I didnt mind using the AI trick - i had other stuff to do whilst the game did it's thing, all i had to do was press X a few times duding the quarter breaks.

Now only 1800 goals till platinum :)

yeah strange.. i start games up and do the ai thing and sometimes i win.. sometimes i lose

Are you using one of the stronger teams? I used Collingwood (reluctantly) and ended up finishing 4th overall with 17-5 record and won the 3 finals comfortably. Closes being the Qualifying final against the Doggies by about 30 points. Sometimes I will play to get a heads up (in the finals) but otherwise I just left it running and did other stuff in the mean time and still did enough to finish top 4.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
nup not at all, once the umpire bounces the ball, i used the AI trick, for EVERY game.

Last minute of the grand final, im up 60points, so I return back to the game, take control of my winning team and play out the last minute. once the game is over, I got the Legendary trophy.

I didnt mind using the AI trick - i had other stuff to do whilst the game did it's thing, all i had to do was press X a few times duding the quarter breaks.

Now only 1800 goals till platinum :)

You still needed to grind 5000 goals by yourself yeh? like you didn't use the ai to get goals for you?

• 2 months later...

Why use an ai glitch the game on legend difficulty is easy as i'm averaging 80goals a game to about 40 from the cpu, just been lazy still gotta finish the last 6games and will have 1500goals to go which should only take about 3matches on easy with 20min quarters

• 1 month later...

Some games can be crazily frustrating (I find Essendon, Gold Coast and a few others give me the most trouble - teams that play high possession football really test my patience on Legend) but it's not difficult.

Hold R1 non-stop, the whole game basically (barring marking and ruck contests). Don't attempt to mark too much unless you're in the clear - the computer will double-team you and always spoil or mark over you. Spoil everything as much as you can, even your midfielders can do it if you get it early.

They'll kick the ball out wide a lot, just let them and block them from the defensive 50 (spoil, handpass, long kick works the best I find). Every time you get tackled handpass in the general direction of a player on your side, or just towards your goal. You'll find little time to kick properly so take a quick look at your mini-map and chip to the closest player (hold L2 and it should take care of it).

Tackle, tackle, tackle. Don't ever stop tackling. You'll rack up ridiculous numbers and will give away a fair few free kicks holding R1 (push in the backs and high tackles usually) but the ball will spill and you'll be able to get it forward.

It's a very scrappy way to play, but very effective. I'm playing as the Brisbane Lions and using some of my lesser players (I'm playing Brown in defense currently as my defenders are all injured, I'm using the 74 stat Cornelius as FF, 72 stat Fevola as FP, 70 stat Banfield/Green as the other FP and 75 stat Clark as CHF) and generally winning by 100+, with Cornelius kicking 10-15 a game (barring a few games where it breaks open).

It'll try your patience but stick with it. The forward flanks are generally useless, I throw spare defenders there to spoil kick-ins. Put speedy players on the wing and as ruck-rovers/rovers. Put a good marking player as the centre to receive long kick-ins and chip kicks.

If you use this strategy and play as a side as good as the Hawks, Collingwood or Geelong I don't think you'll struggle too much. If you're getting smashed and it's not half time, don't sweat it. Play with the orders for your forward line/midfield/defense until something clicks. The good thing about the games being so long is that you're never out of it.

I generally play attacking forward line, defensive midfield, balanced ruck and defense.