AFL Live 2011

pattywhacker

Not entirely sure if this is the right place for this thread, so please move it if it isn't.

Was just curious, is 'AFL Live 2011' going to be added to the site? It comes out on Thursday, the trophy list has been out a little while, and I am unable to find it listed on this site.

Cheers,

pattywhacker

Not entirely sure if this is the right place for this thread, so please move it if it isn't.

Was just curious, is 'AFL Live 2011' going to be added to the site? It comes out on Thursday, the trophy list has been out a little while, and I am unable to find it listed on this site.

Cheers,

pattywhacker

I got the game yesterday, The trophy list can't be added yet because the trophies can't even be synched yet.. The games trophys aren't on Sony's servers yet and won't be until the 21st (actual release day). Correct me if I'm wrong, if so I can submit the list and it can just be confirmed when the game is on the servers.

I've got 22 of the trophies (37%) so far but the Plat is going to be so hard, The skill required to win on professional will be insane. The plat will take 90+ hours easily!

Edited by shaunnn191

I didn't even know this was coming out until yesterday! I saw the trailer and it looked low-budget but still pretty fun.

What's your early thoughts? Is it worth going out and getting this on the 21st? (I'm already inclined to anyway but still)

I've got 22 of the trophies (37%) so far but the Plat is going to be so hard, The skill required to win on professional will be insane. The plat will take 90+ hours easily!

Gotta win the flag on professional?? Sounds like a challenge!

Aha just realised I actually got mixed up with professional thats only a silver trophy, the one I was thinking of that's gold is to win the flag on Legend difficulty in real time, extreme injuries with no simulating.

If you want a challenge here you are, 2 hours+ a game and 24 games a season not including finals and the AI on Legend are insane! I was losing 208 to 80 at half time and just gave up.. and I was the Saints playing Brisbane.. Theres no way I would want to play the whole season and lose the grand final, definitely seems like a hard Plat and the learing curve is pretty steep.

But yeah dude it's AFL so of couse is is going to be sick, Yeah it is low budget, just like the old AFL games. But it's lots of fun and the online is sick, servers are in Aus so no lag or anything, I've played 10 or so online games so far and they've all been great.

You can't expect it to be anywhere near FIFA quality considering Big Ant's budget compared to EA's haha, you should enjoy it if you like AFL and the old footy games though, gameplays pretty similar to them even though this one has been built up from scratch.

I don't regret getting raped Aus prices and having to give EBgames $89 for it though, I was going to buy it release day anyway no matter what ;).

Plently of bugs that will hopefully be patched as you'd expect but it will be a good starting spot for them to build the franchise and hopefully pump some more cash into it next year :D.

Cheers for the info mate. I never expected it to be FIFA, that'd be placing some pretty damn high expectations :p I'm glad about what you're saying though, I've been dying for a fun AFL game (I haven't played one since years and years ago). Damn pleased about aus servers too!

I don't mind getting raped by EB occasionally, especially if it's a game I can play for 100+ hours.

Holy shit Legend sounds goddamn crazy! If that's against Brisbane how the hell are you meant to actually beat Geelong or Collingwood lol.

Thanks again man, I'm going to get this tomorrow :D

Must say for a low budget and not a very big game company behind it, the game is not too bad.

But agree with the above i am sitting on around 40% of trophies but some of these will take some time and will be hard, trying to do a full season on Legend mode in real time is so hard, i end up getting around 60 points for first qrt but the computer will almost be twice as much.

have not tried to sync the trophies again but will try this soon, hope its working now

I'm only playing on Professional at the moment and it's kinda easy, but I don't want to try Legend at all. Sounds tough!

Anyone gonna right a trophy guide for this? I could, I guess.

I was thinking about it maybe, I only have the golds and the 2 silver ones for Professional difficulty. The trophies are pretty straight foward, shouldn't take to much effort to write a guide, just a couple descriptions aren't too clear.

I tried a NAB cup game on legend in real time when I was about half way through a rookie season. I've already had to pretty much play 2 seasons because the Eagles are glitched and you can't get past round 19 without simulating!

In my second season I went though with Geelong undefeated with a percentage of %625 on rookie so i guess i'll find out how hard Legend really is now..

I am up to the NAB Grand Final 20 min qrt on Legend with Extreme Injuries , i have found that if you hold Triangle down when ever your running after the ball it will almost get the CPU every time,

I just won against the dogs to make it to the grand final final scores were myself 322 to the dogs of 180.

The issue i have found is that a close game is not good as you will get a high amount of injuries in the last qrt...

I am not having any luck with the "Shut 'em Down" trophy i just can not seem to unlock it, but the game is not so hard on Legend it will just be the time that will be the issue.

Simulating doesnt count the for the AI simulation does it? I dont think it does but just want to make sure here.

Also is anyone having trophies with Road Trip? I swear i've played interstate games but it hasnt popped for me yet. Any suggestions?

Edited by KRAUSY13

Simulating doesnt count the for the AI simulation does it? I dont think it does but just want to make sure here.

Also is anyone having trophies with Road Trip? I swear i've played interstate games but it hasnt popped for me yet. Any suggestions?

You CAN simulate AI matches.

There are reports of that trophy glitching. I got mine first try. I was Essendon vs Brisbane. Try that and see if it unlocks.

I wrote this on the Bigfooty forum and i'm not sure if anyone else said it worked for them. I tried so many times, with different variations until i noticed the little footy factory symbol under the teams and tought that might be it.

Go to Footy Factory and delete teams you've made and also go to "Reset Teams". Then go to single match and choose player 1 as the away team, choose Collingwood against Gold Coast at Gold Coast Stadium. And it should work.

Let me know if it does for you and I might write a guide because i've already made some notes about other points because theres a couple other little things like this aswell.

I wrote this on the Bigfooty forum and i'm not sure if anyone else said it worked for them. I tried so many times, with different variations until i noticed the little footy factory symbol under the teams and tought that might be it.

Go to Footy Factory and delete teams you've made and also go to "Reset Teams". Then go to single match and choose player 1 as the away team, choose Collingwood against Gold Coast at Gold Coast Stadium. And it should work.

Let me know if it does for you and I might write a guide because i've already made some notes about other points because theres a couple other little things like this aswell.

Thanks just tried that and it worked :applause:

• 2 weeks later...

Will be picking this up within a few weeks looking forward as am just finishing rugby league live so hopefully since made from same company i can enjoy this a lil bit more as with the 300 wins on league i am getting up 12-0 and sitting the game out typing on here lol.. Worked for 220 games now 80 to go will play league by the next day psn is back up and get this i think

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...