Anyone Pick This Up Yet? Review?

Rule the Heretic

I've got this an it is quite decent. When you are doing your work outs you do it opposite an athlete on screen so you mimic them, and the camera picks up what you are doing. The training games can be quite fun and provide a workout too.

I am trying to get myself back in proper shape after a 3 month break with a bad knee injury so this is going to help, and the trophies are small targets to aim for, so getting the platinum should really help with my fitness levels.

I picked this up for only £20, so if you can get it cheap I would definitely recommend it.

I've got this an it is quite decent. When you are doing your work outs you do it opposite an athlete on screen so you mimic them, and the camera picks up what you are doing. The training games can be quite fun and provide a workout too.

I am trying to get myself back in proper shape after a 3 month break with a bad knee injury so this is going to help, and the trophies are small targets to aim for, so getting the platinum should really help with my fitness levels.

I picked this up for only £20, so if you can get it cheap I would definitely recommend it.

So the camera tracking is pretty decent then? Do you need an account with miCoach to have access to any functionality? What sort of sports are covered in the training games that may not be apparent from the trophy list?

I have a general worry that the cardio trophy requires other miCoach products, have you attempted that trophy yet?

Sorry for throwing all that at you, I'm pretty sure I'm going to stop somewhere tonight and get this, but I'm just curious about these things ;)

What is need to do the workouts? I can see that you need the move cam, but do you need all the other stuff that is being push with it? Do you have to hold and workout while holding a move controller?

I'm plan on picking this up as well, as soon as I see it for <$20.

The trophy list doesn't look too demanding, depending on what's involved with completing a training plan. If it's something that can be custom designed with just a few exercises/workouts, should be pretty easy.

Here's a quick link to the trophy list: http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/miCoach

Like others here, I'd still like confirmation that this can be platted without any accessories beyond a standard Move set up, and that the movement tracking is adequate.

So the camera tracking is pretty decent then? Do you need an account with miCoach to have access to any functionality? What sort of sports are covered in the training games that may not be apparent from the trophy list?

I have a general worry that the cardio trophy requires other miCoach products, have you attempted that trophy yet?

Sorry for throwing all that at you, I'm pretty sure I'm going to stop somewhere tonight and get this, but I'm just curious about these things ;)

The camera tracking seems decent enough.

I have not got a MiCoach account and I haven't found anything I cannot access yet.

The 3 training games are basketball, tennis and football.

Which cardio trophy are you referring to?

What is need to do the workouts? I can see that you need the move cam, but do you need all the other stuff that is being push with it? Do you have to hold and workout while holding a move controller?

So far I have come across it needing some dumb-bells so you can lift some weights, but I imagine you could use a couple of tins of beans to do these. It has also asked for an exercise ball, but I have used by weights bench and it has worked fine.

You don't have to have hold of the controller for some of the workouts, but others you do.

The 3 training games are basketball, tennis and football.

Which cardio trophy are you referring to?

In Condition is the trophy I'm thinking about. I just have a bad feeling that requires either the heart-rate monitor, the running pacer thing, or at the very least the smartphone app. The app is free though, so that probably isn't a problem.

Their website mentions both American football and the sport the rest of the world calls football, I was kind of hoping to see both in the game. That's probably what DLC is for though :p

Nah you don't need anything for the In Condition trophy, you just pick a basic conditioning work out and then work through it with the move wand and the camera. I've already got this trophy, it's a piece of cake.

Then it sounds like a fitness game people can actually plat :p Tried to swing by the store yesterday but got off-track. Hopefully getting it tonight/this weekend so I can play around with it and then schedule a training plan...

Thanks for the info, staytrue1985 :)

Finally got my hands on a copy. It does take playing around a bit sometimes to get it calibrated just right, especially when you're doing floor-exercises, but it is pretty darned cool so far. It looks like the only difficult trophies will be the training mini game ones, and even that probably won't be so bad. Mostly, the key to getting the platinum in this seems to be just sticking with it. Good way to develop a work-out habit in a plat-hunter :p

The football and tennis ones are really easy, the basketball one (sink 15 shots in a row) takes a bit of practice but I got it comfortably enough.

Does the underhand method make shooting baskets easier? In Move Fitness, it was almost impossible to miss if you shot underhand (granny style) because you didn't have to worry about the power behind the shot, just the release point, which itself was very forgiving.

• 2 weeks later...

I was really thinking about getting this when it first was announced, but I am worried that i don't have the space for it. The TV is set up in a small area with a window behind the couch, maybe only six feet of space between the PSEye camera and the couch. Old creaky floors, toys from my fourteen month old twins, really no time to use this until after the boys go to bed at 7:30pm each night. But I keep thinking I should try nonetheless. I think I need to see if I can rent it somewhere and try it on a dummy account so it doesn't mess up my already shaky completion score.

anyone have any definite problems or confirmation there is no problems with small spaces / camera reading in light or dark, etc? Is there a lot of jumping involved? Not sure about the floor or the ceiling, honestly.

I need to move so I can use this game, I think :(

I got this from Gamefly and thankfully as well. Another bad PSMove workout game. Part of my problem is that I have a smaller room and these games expect me to put the move on the floor but that is just not possible. But my biggest problem with this game is that I hardly get my heartrate up when doing their cardio. They have far too much stretching stuff in the middle of the workout. On day three of having this game I decided to try their highest level (hardcore) workout. I completed it in 20 minutes with ease. Give me 20 minutes on EA Active2 on their hardest level and I wouldn't be able to stand up. This one's going back to Gamefly and I hope my review helps you all in saving your money as well.

I got this from Gamefly and thankfully as well. Another bad PSMove workout game. Part of my problem is that I have a smaller room and these games expect me to put the move on the floor but that is just not possible. But my biggest problem with this game is that I hardly get my heartrate up when doing their cardio. They have far too much stretching stuff in the middle of the workout. On day three of having this game I decided to try their highest level (hardcore) workout. I completed it in 20 minutes with ease. Give me 20 minutes on EA Active2 on their hardest level and I wouldn't be able to stand up. This one's going back to Gamefly and I hope my review helps you all in saving your money as well.

I'll definitely take this into consideration. I finally got my 100% in Fit in Six, so I was looking for my next opportunity to earn trophies as I workout. I'm not superman, but I can relate to 20 mins. of EA Active 2 on hard difficulty. I also have a smallish living room and had problems with floor exercises in Get Fit with Mel B. When I can pick this up for $10-$15, it might be worth a look, but I certainly won't spend $40 on it.