Those 2 trophies

• 2 weeks later...

Area B7R Dogfight Battle, there are no ground targets on that mission.

However you don't need to force it, I'm still grinding for the last trophy (Pilot For Life) and my stats show that I have shot down 10,390 airborne enemies.

So, don't worry, you'll get it naturally if you are willing to go all the way...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. I found a map by changing maps up that had a good amount of air targets and I am going to try the one you suggested. I concentrated highly on ground kills only and got the trophy in good time. Now I am doing the same for air kills so I only have like 400 so long way to go for them. I do wish to go all the way and get 100%.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have to highly upgrade your specific plane to be good at shooting down the airborne enemies? They, of course, are much harder than hitting targets that do not move. They often are able to evade me and my missiles. It is going to be a real long time, it seems, before the airborne kills trophy. Seems I will get the money trophy first. Did you get lucky by getting the million dollar drops for the money trophy or has it just been your endless grinding type playing now that you have finally got Pilot For Life? I am nearing 4 million in total credits. I am saving credits by not upgrading anything now to get the campaign trophy buying all the levels. I was upgrading until I got that trophy for the 5050.

First of all, yes, you need to upgrade planes to get better at shooting down enemy planes. In my case I got a 4 star fighter R-101 Neucom to Lv4, and also it's special weapon LAAM to Lv4. It can destroy orange flying enemies (and some red ones) in one shot from 30,000 feet away.

I'm also using a 4 star multirole ADFX-01, but I had to upgrade it to Lv7 before it could "one-hit-kill" orange flying enemies.

And well, my main plane is an F-2A Nagase (4 star attacker), which at Lv10 still struggles against air... But I have over 25k ground kills xD

If you can't get your hands on these planes, I suggest you play until you get special drops or can exchange tickets for other 4 star planes, which have better stats than the planes you can normally research.

And also, equip them with special weapons and parts so they have better speed, mobility and anti-air damage.

Another tip, try to get behind the enemies before attacking them, most of the time they will dodge easily if you attack from the front or the sides. And if they are very very close, try using machine guns or lasers, because missiles sometimes fail to home into enemies which are "in your face".

Second, I never got that drop, the money came naturally during my long, long grind. Fortunately money can be boosted.

If you get a chance to use forced sorties (using 2x to 3x fuel on a single mission), I suggest you do it if you are about to do a special raid mission, because it will double or triple your credits.

Also staying in the same room for various sorties fills up the "room xp" and the next missions can give increased credits.

Other ways to get quick credits are accepting and completing missions; and using elite mercenary contracts which will double your credit drops. You can even combine the effects of a contract, a forced sortie and room xp to get increased credits.

And last, I suggest you do upgrade a plane from time to time, better stats mean that you can get more money from every multiplayer mission you participate in.

If you need anything else, let me know :)

Edited by hypersk
confused feet with miles xD

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome. Thanks for all the advice. I have received some special drop planes. I am away from my PS3 right now, in the process of a long, dreadful move. I will let you know what they all are as soon as possible but I can tell you one of the planes I do have is a Tiger skinned one that is for killing air enemies. I would love to try out some credit boosting when I return to PS3. And I will most likely do some of the campaign levels as I have a lot of credits to burn and want to just get that trophy out of the way. Once I do that it will be nothing but upgrading the best air killing plane I have.

• 2 months later...

I just got my DAWN OF THE ENDLESS WAR and now can concentrate on the airborne kills and money as well as the next 2 rank trophies. Playing up to Far Eastern Front has been fun in the campaign I will admit. I may even play Far Eastern Front again, good for fun airborne kills. :applause:

Edited by STELLARTROPHYHUNTER

Good to know!

Yes, I enjoyed the story missions too, but to be honest I never tried the ones that come after "Far Eastern Front", because I preferred to use my credits to upgrade my planes.

After getting my last trophy, I have been online a few times for the special events, sometimes they give good limited edition planes as prizes.

Try not to bore yourself on the long grind that awaits you xD

• 4 weeks later...

I got my Money Game trophy and became Captain last night after mondo scrambling. I got lucky with a 1 million credits drop out of nowhere and all 3 Stonehenge missions that seemed to give me over 1 million credits each time as well. Now I just have the kills and going through Captain to Major which seems like it should be shorter as it did not start you at #100 like the previous rank! All in all, not so horrible and fun to play all along the way!

Lucky indeed! :applause:

I haven't played it in awhile, I have been stuck with grinding other online trophies, but I just loved destroying Stonehenge with the F2A-Nagase, the RKTL you can equip it with is by far my favorite weapon in the game and can rain down on enemies that can't be locked.

I also enjoyed the Godzilla event:

-"Look at the monster in the sea"

-"Attack the monster with air to sea weapons" (drained my RKTL on Godzilla :D)

Perhaps I'll jump in again to Ace Combat after beating the online of LittleBigPlanet Karting just for the fun of it, hoping there's new stuff since I last played xD

• 4 weeks later...

Hey bro. I so wanted to encounter Godzilla when I was signing in everyday to get my rewards, random playing, not fully understanding the game, why I sucked so bad then, haha, I just never was able to get it. I wish they would have Godzilla back. I just hit MAJOR hours ago. I only have the gold trophy left. Never thought I would make it this far. So not looking forward to the last two # grinds to make it to Colonel. I know Major starts at #80, what does Lieutenant Colonel start at? I think my favorite is destroying MOBY DICK. I can get MVP + S rank on that easy. I am all about FIGHTERS now. I have done well with a FIGHTER in STONGEHENGE too. I think the SATELLITE one is my second favorite to kill. Also was wondering at what point do you get to choose your own MVP ending theme music and get your choice of colored missile smoke? What rank are you right now? I feel like taking an ACE break, I worked really hard getting to my MAJOR #80 but I kind of do not want to stop until THE GOLDEN COLONEL.

Hey man, it's good to read about it.

I remember you started having problems with air enemies, and now you are maining a Fighter, congrats! :applause:

Also was wondering at what point do you get to choose your own MVP ending theme music and get your choice of colored missile smoke?

Unfortunately those things aren't attached to your rank, those are emblems/icons with a special effect.

You have to get really lucky to get one of those as a ultra-rare drop or prize at the end of a campaign.

Sometimes those are also for sale on the special supply catalogue for 100+ tickets.

If you want to know if any of the emblems you own have some special effect, just go to the Hangar and try to edit one of your loadouts. When you are selecting the emblem for your plane, you can navigate through categories like "Colaboration", "Effect" and others.

When you are looking at the detail, it says which effect it grants when equipped to your plane. As far as I know, the only effects are music and smoke.

For instance, I got an emblem from a "Feb 14 - Valentine" event which changes the smoke of my missiles into orange when equipped.

Last, I'm still Colonel but don't remember the rank number, will check it later xD

Cheers and good luck. :dance:

Yes, I remember when I thought I would never be able to take down airborne enemies and now all I want to be is a FIGHTER and take them all down with my highly upgraded plane. That is good information to know. I am going to go explore all the emblems now, ones I have and ones in the catalog and see if I can get some cool effect ones or if I already have them. I kind of recall seeing something about the effects, I assume in my own "inventory". Those two effects alone are very cool to have.