Why was this piece of garbage released?

pootas1985

I don't think Ace Combat 3 was on PSX. It was on PS1.

Also, this is the perfect game for fans of Ace Combat 4. And I don't think afterburner animations and climate change can make a game "garbage". This is the best free-to-play game I've seen on any Sony product.

And last but not least, I think this game looks better the AC3...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zlt4fuG1FJ4/UFKx9SKQNmI/AAAAAAAAE3o/ixNbUwA2YKQ/s1600/Acecombat.jpeg

http://imguol.com/c/entretenimento/2014/04/22/ace-combat-infinity-1398187797821_1280x720.jpg

This game looks worse than Ace Combat 3 on psx. Where are the sweet animation of afterburners? Where is all the climate from earlier games?

I don't think Ace Combat 3 was on PSX. It was on PS1.

Also, this is the perfect game for fans of Ace Combat 4. And I don't think afterburner animations and climate change can make a game "garbage". This is the best free-to-play game I've seen on any Sony product.

And last but not least, I think this game looks better the AC3...

Hah! You got served son!

I agree with goodsum, it's a great f2p game.

The fuel system is a bit cripling to the whole experience but in of itself its a great game in my opinion. Even so, not having bought fuel I saved up 17 stocked fuel today and played for hours. Also there's always some events and special challenges for grabs to lengthen the gameplay time (you get supplied fuel for completing certain special challenges)

Anyway going off-topic, sorry. :/

One importan question, did you even played Ace Combat 3? Or 2?

And psx it's the same console than ps1

I played Infiity for few hours today to not judge it too quickly. Ok maybe it's not a crap but it lacks the climate of the earilier games and the graphics is really poor it's a ps3 after all they could work better on this game

Yes, every game up to 4.

PSX was a DVR console released in Japan. PS1 is short for "PlayStation 1".

And yes, to be fair, they could add different climate, and there are NO missions in this game. But it was free and we can only hope they add more stages and variations later down.

I was aware of this dvr console. I googled and I see that the psx(from the first name of playstation X) term to description ps1 is only popular in Poland. We called PSX the first gray models, and the later white models we callled PS ONE. Interesting

Yeah, it was free and I think it will be better if this was a better developed retail game. But like I said earlier it's not that bad.

Good hunting:)

I was hoping that no one would respond to this and let it get deleted, since the argument is obviously baited.

Clearly OP 1) doesn't play in first-person (who cares about after burners???), and 2) has never gotten directly behind a plane, shot the hell out of it with plane bits hurling at you, blown it up point blank with oil splattering the screen, and continued to shoot the flipping plane carcass as it descends to the ground. I mean that is golden, never got that experience from the AC3.

It's my opinion, I still think that AC3>AC Infinity

>1st person view

What? Where? Where you change to 1st person view?

And it's not about the afterburners(the game got it I just switch to faster plane) it's about the details. I know that it's f2p but it really looks bad.

>2)

Yes, that is good experience

Been playing it for about a month now.

Really enjoying this game, from getting the in-game rewards, to the competitive nature of the gameplay to trophy hunting. Only bad thing is the fuel system as mentioned earlier, but with Bamco rotating in new events and special missions to keep the supplied and stocked fuel going, I play at least 5-8 sorties every morning and if I don't use stocked fuel I gain about 2-3 stocked fuel every day.

It's a casual competitive goodie. :)

• 2 weeks later...

See, after playing so much now, I've found the flaw, and that's users kicking other people from their matches and hosts quitting. I can't tell you how many times I've seen that "removed" message. And a lot of the time, we'll get to the last 30 seconds of the match (or very early (if not all enemies are killed during the first wave)), I'll get that disconnection message, due to the host quitting to save fuel for not getting an S rating.

I haven't seen the removed message very often, maybe twice. But the connection issues are such a nuisance. I'm afraid of what this game will become after the deathmatch mode gets added as less people will play the co-op missions making the harder than it should be task of filling a room even harder. And if those deathmatches consume the same fuel then it may well be the death of the game.

Just to be clear about why I believe deathmatch in this game will be horrible, the only game to focus heavily on the style of combat that pvp would be was Assault Horizon. Its dog fight mode would be perfect for pvp but the game was not well received by fans or newcomers to the series so it seems unlikely that mode would be brought back.

Snakemaru, I see where they're coming from with that, though. They don't want everyone to have the best plane in the game, so they're kind of easing us into it. Unfortunately people who aren't participating in the event will have the best and destroy everyone else, but at least there will be some variety.

At least that's what I assumed.

@goodsum: So they want us to spend credits and fuels on low-end, mostly forgotten planes. I've read that Co-op missions still gives more Exp and Credits than winning in a Team Deathmatch. Is that, right?

Yes that is right. I've tried one mission in tdm. Came in 2nd place on the winning team and only got 5k credits + 140 xp and it doesn't count as a mission towards the challenges.

So it's a complete waste of time and sorties.

I like through all the complaints of the Wardog plane being an event where only 1,000 people could win, they came out with this new event where the top 200 people win a new plane, along with the top 1,000 winning another. Not only that, but it's using deathmatch again.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I've actually put this game off for years cause of the stream of games that distracted me from it. Decided to play it again (after downloading at cousins' house) and its kinda fun. And it fits my style since its a fun co op flying arcade shooter. My only problem is the supplies file recharging, I'd pay to increase my supplied fuel capacity to increase whether it's 10,25 or even 40. Playing 3 games and having to recharge is a turn off. :p and I'm a bit stingy about using all my stocked sorties (thankfully you can get quite a bit free).

Also I read the game maybe has til may 2017 til it's no longer available to play online. After what happene to games like Spartacus legends and even destiny of spirits on vita and so on imma give completing ace combat a try. :)

After playing some more, the whole '3 hours to recharge the sortie fuel' is a major turn off. If it was 30 min like most games that are free, ok, but it can affect your over XP progress. Not so sure if I'm gonna put a lot more time in it cause it seems they want me to invest hundreds of $ to progress with the stocked fuel (I'd much rather pay for a larger supplied fuel capacity instead. If stocked fuel give you triple XP and credits per use than that's a different story.

Edited by Dreadnought190