Who's looking forward to this?

loved the Ace combat games on the ps2, looking forward for this one too, but it seems that it is going to take place in "real" countries, not fictional like the past versions, so im a little bit worried...

same here, i ve been itching for a good ace combat game since the last one on the PS2 (Ace Combat Zero), im a big fan, but taking place in real locations kinda worries me too, does that mean no "Sci Fi" planes anymore either? no more crazy missions like monolith shooting laser thingies?, i also really liked the Zero story line, and how your actions would effect things, like the CSs that followed, the ending, people interviewed, skins unlocked, etc, that was awesome.

another thing that really worries me is the "Press :triangle: to do a crazy loop back thingy thing to get behind the enemy on your tail instantly..... idk what to think about that tbh....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i got same worries about it.. i loved the ps2 ace combat games like nothing else but this new formula they come up with just ruins it imo, the controls were perfect as they were and now they add silly cinema effects and a complete new fighting system from what it looks like (thanks HAWX-_-)

choppers i dont really need in a AC game except for targets, and i also prefer osea vs yuktobania over some boring usa vs russia tom clancy/cod BS..

i just hope it will be any good, waited years for a ace combat on ps3..

• 3 weeks later...

It's looking good, much better than HAWX, but this close-combat gimmick thing is making me a bit skeptical, it was gimmicks like that which ruined both HAWX games.

All I can hope for is that the entire game doesn't revolve around it so that each match/mission is simply a question of who can use the close combat feature at the best possible moment.

Graphics are looking pretty good, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I cant wait for this. I played 5 and 0 as well as little bit of four and its amazing. The only thing Im really worried about is the real country thing which binds it to reality and will probably use 'ye old communist bad guys' scheme and may lose some of the amazing over the top scenes like the excalibir from 0 and the ark from 5.

• 2 weeks later...

i hope it is good. not too worried about the real countries thing. that's never stopped devs from introducing crazy stuff into the mix. they just label them prototypes or whatever. am i the only one who likes the H.A.W.X. games? i've enjoyed both of them quite a bit. i'd love to see an IL-2 but with jets, but the ace combat series has been a little more arcade oriented than that. either way, i'll give it a shot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

10/11/2011 for U.S. and 10/14/2011 Europe are confirmed. plus this is a reboot of the series so they have to change it up a bit. getting this day 1. there are no on foot sections. you can pilot bombers, attack helos, and the AC-130 in sp for sure. attack helos are confirmed for competitive mp and i believe bombers are to. you have rail sections in sp as a door gunner. plus the dogfight systems justs adds a bit more realisms to it.