How to boost with randoms (veteran trophy-50 hours)

1.Co-op mission-moscow (mission with helicopters)

2.Set for consecutive games on room policy

3.Wait for players

4.Sit and wait

5.?

6.Profit

I joined a game and I noticed this player sitting there...not helping...

He restarted the game after me and another random finished, and as I type...

He's sitting there, my chopper in front of him, no harm coming our way what's so ever!

...If only I had unlocked this stage, I've only done 2 missions of story mode and thus can't access the other co-op stages unless I join another person who has them unlocked (cheap but hay-I'm game!)

I'm hoping he replies to my pm...I'm not gonna mention this guy's name because it's just a random sequence of letters, but credit to him for doing this!

EDIT:

Despite playing an EU copy...he's japanese, according to languages, judging by trophies obtained he's only platting game he's likes, what with only one plat...this game may be his second.

EDIT2:

Crud..."there are time limits for all strategic operations, so be sure to execute them quickly"

Guess you can't ALL sit there and be idle ><

Edited by nintendo64X

• 2 weeks later...
1.Co-op mission-moscow (mission with helicopters)

2.Set for consecutive games on room policy

3.Wait for players

4.Sit and wait

5.?

6.Profit

I joined a game and I noticed this player sitting there...not helping...

He restarted the game after me and another random finished, and as I type...

He's sitting there, my chopper in front of him, no harm coming our way what's so ever!

...If only I had unlocked this stage, I've only done 2 missions of story mode and thus can't access the other co-op stages unless I join another person who has them unlocked (cheap but hay-I'm game!)

I'm hoping he replies to my pm...I'm not gonna mention this guy's name because it's just a random sequence of letters, but credit to him for doing this!

EDIT:

Despite playing an EU copy...he's japanese, according to languages, judging by trophies obtained he's only platting game he's likes, what with only one plat...this game may be his second.

EDIT2:

Crud..."there are time limits for all strategic operations, so be sure to execute them quickly"

Guess you can't ALL sit there and be idle ><

Hmm, that's unfortunate. However I'm sure there's still a way to make this work. We could probably gauge the time it takes to complete each operation and move accordingly.

I too am still trying to get the 50-hour trophy seeing as it's all I need to platinum this game, so I'd be up for anyone who'd want to farm it.

Perhaps the East-African heli mission would work better than Moscow?

Hmm, that's unfortunate. However I'm sure there's still a way to make this work. We could probably gauge the time it takes to complete each operation and move accordingly.

I too am still trying to get the 50-hour trophy seeing as it's all I need to platinum this game, so I'd be up for anyone who'd want to farm it.

Perhaps the East-African heli mission would work better than Moscow?

I'd say maybe an hour or more...it was...a VERY long time, it works at the startof any of the heli missions really but this one guy kept choosing central moscow (weird, I kept finding him XD)

I've gotten the hours, just the A rank and I've got another plat, but another method is just keep playing co-op games, they last longer than standard mp games...especially 1-2 min games of capital conquest (I admit im at fault...gimme the attacking su plane with gpb and watch them fall in one fly by XD)

• 2 weeks later...

I think that if you use a turbo controller while hosting a room you can let the ps3 alone doing all the work.

if you leave X button with turbo you'll respawn as soon as avaliable and will do the rematch as soon as asked too. you just have to be lucky someone wants to boost too..

i'm looking for a boosting partner to do this. we could leave the ps3 turned on at late nights doing battles.

I think that if you use a turbo controller while hosting a room you can let the ps3 alone doing all the work.

if you leave X button with turbo you'll respawn as soon as avaliable and will do the rematch as soon as asked too. you just have to be lucky someone wants to boost too..

i'm looking for a boosting partner to do this. we could leave the ps3 turned on at late nights doing battles.

I can confirm missions are timed, after you hit the time limit/fail the objective a timer will pop up, when this popped up I tried to finish the mission...not only did it keep going, but then the game would refuse to progress anyway :S

It's better though to do it on the heli missions rather than via death match with heli's as these co-op games allow more time than competitive games.

I can confirm missions are timed, after you hit the time limit/fail the objective a timer will pop up, when this popped up I tried to finish the mission...not only did it keep going, but then the game would refuse to progress anyway :S

It's better though to do it on the heli missions rather than via death match with heli's as these co-op games allow more time than competitive games.

but how much time are for heli missions? after the mission fails because the time ends there's a retry option? if this option depends only for the host i can try with the turbo controller technique.

but how much time are for heli missions? after the mission fails because the time ends there's a retry option? if this option depends only for the host i can try with the turbo controller technique.

You will need someone also using a turbo controller if you want to try it that way as you'll need to restart the game, as for time...over an hour easily.

If they leave no go.

There's actually an easier and more productive method to boost the 50 hour trophy. (Learned this from a random Russian guy who added me)

What you do is set up a Death Match room and limit it to 2 players only and disable A.I. bots. Then put in a reserved slot so that only your friend can join it. Then put the time limit to 30 mins and put the points to the maximum value. After all that, just have you and your buddy hover in helicopters the entire match while doing something else.

With half an hour a match, the trophy should come pretty easily. Unfortunately for me though, he didn't have a very good connection to support both of us and him being in Russia didn't help either, so I'd end up disconnecting from the room halfway through the game.

I'm really looking from someone to help me out with this trophy using the aforementioned method, so if you're up for it please add my PSN: SniperWolf1000

@strigon

I was aware of that method but you get more time to sit idle in the co-op heli missions, just dont move from the start and off ya go, no need for partners, you can sit there and let the others do anything they want, or all 3 can sit around waiting for the game over counter to tick ;)

That's very counter-productive especially without a boosting partner. Most cases if you do that in a random room, they'll usually finish the mission off quickly if there are two other people, or the host will just end the game if he notices you not doing anything. Which is why the other method is more beneficial.

• 2 weeks later...
That's very counter-productive especially without a boosting partner. Most cases if you do that in a random room, they'll usually finish the mission off quickly if there are two other people, or the host will just end the game if he notices you not doing anything. Which is why the other method is more beneficial.

Counter productive yes, however I found only one guy doing it, I guess he had no partners...and due to my time zone I'd find few that'd fit the time frame I have.

And I've been in a game, one guy was idle, me and another random beat the mission ourselves, and I did most of the work...

If you are the host or not, chances are they might try to continue the mission, they'll score more points that way XD

• 8 months later...
Counter productive yes, however I found only one guy doing it, I guess he had no partners...and due to my time zone I'd find few that'd fit the time frame I have.

And I've been in a game, one guy was idle, me and another random beat the mission ourselves, and I did most of the work...

If you are the host or not, chances are they might try to continue the mission, they'll score more points that way XD

Hey,mate!

I also met this japanese guy who would do that. I did all the work in Central Moscow and realized what he was up to. When getting to the radars part, I took out all but one and just stood there, gaining time. I'm doing it as I type this.You said there is a time limit? How long?

Cheers. :D

Hey,mate!

I also met this japanese guy who would do that. I did all the work in Central Moscow and realized what he was up to. When getting to the radars part, I took out all but one and just stood there, gaining time. I'm doing it as I type this.You said there is a time limit? How long?

Cheers. :D

CONFIRMED! The time limit is 1 HOUR or Co-op missions. Kill everything in Central Moscow and wait the time off at the last radar. 1 hour less!