XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > A (PS3) > Ace Combat: Assault Horizon

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 04:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
 
Strigon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 76
Default Unlock item for getting an Armor bonus in all free missions

I was browsing through the unlockables in the player archive of the game and noticed that nummber 88 unlocks you a skill if you can get an armor bonus in every free mission. So I decided to give it a try. Managed to do it easily in every stage EXCEPT Akula....I then decided to take my F/A-18 with ECM's into the fight to counter his annoying "god missiles" Made sure I didn't take a single hit during the Sukhoi and bomber invasions, and evaded all of his missiles using ECM. Yet for some gosh darn reason I DIDN'T GET AN ARMOR BONUS

Has anyone tried this yet? Because I've completed the mission several times without getting hit, but the game keeps saying I got a 0 in armor bonus. What's the deal, man?
__________________
"My name is Sniper Wolf, and I always kill what I aim at."
Strigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Moderator
 
Bounty V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: TN, USA
Posts: 10,910
Send a message via Skype™ to Bounty V

Awards Showcase Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Word of Mouth - Silver   10,000 Posts   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Moderator   Bronze Submission   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
I was browsing through the unlockables in the player archive of the game and noticed that nummber 88 unlocks you a skill if you can get an armor bonus in every free mission. So I decided to give it a try. Managed to do it easily in every stage EXCEPT Akula....I then decided to take my F/A-18 with ECM's into the fight to counter his annoying "god missiles" Made sure I didn't take a single hit during the Sukhoi and bomber invasions, and evaded all of his missiles using ECM. Yet for some gosh darn reason I DIDN'T GET AN ARMOR BONUS

Has anyone tried this yet? Because I've completed the mission several times without getting hit, but the game keeps saying I got a 0 in armor bonus. What's the deal, man?
I have no idea, but technically speaking your plane is damaged by the Trinity Warhead after you destroy it. >.>
__________________

AMAZING avatar & signature by DaFaztFingaz!
Site Rules|*Read Before Posting*|Spoiler Tags|PS3T Clan Central|Cycleholics Anonymous|About Me (UPDATED!)
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Bounty V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
 
King_Ubu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 908

Awards Showcase Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
Managed to do it easily in every stage EXCEPT Akula....
I bet you 20p the plane is getting damaged on the landing.

This is what destroyed my points when trying to get an A rank, for some reason the plane randomly starts to self destruct when trying to land, I've no idea how to counter it, but I bet thats the reason why you don't have an armour bonus.
__________________
Blank friend requests will be deleted.

Friend requests will not be deleted if you say why you are adding me.
King_Ubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 20
Default

Ive been trying to get those unlocks as well lol. They might be broken....why?

Ive went through the dubai bomber mission using nothing but machine guns and yet still didnt unlock that machine gun unlockable......wtf!!! lol
DeadlyPlatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
 
Strigon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Ubu View Post
I bet you 20p the plane is getting damaged on the landing.

This is what destroyed my points when trying to get an A rank, for some reason the plane randomly starts to self destruct when trying to land, I've no idea how to counter it, but I bet thats the reason why you don't have an armour bonus.
I know about the damage from landing, but I don't think that is the issue considering I make sure to land quickly way before even the "light damage" icon starts flashing

There's only one thing that I can think of that's affecting the bonus. Does the game remember your damage when you click "restart from checkpoint"? Because every time that I'd take even a single hit, I would restart the checkpoint and try again. Haven't actually made it through the mission completely without restarting, so this may be the issue. But I need confirmation.


Quote:
Ive been trying to get those unlocks as well lol. They might be broken....why?

Ive went through the dubai bomber mission using nothing but machine guns and yet still didnt unlock that machine gun unlockable......wtf!!! lol
I've tried doing the machine gun one too. Went through practically 3 stages straight using only the machine gun and still haven't unlocked it. Either the unlock is messed up, or the point to achieve it is just VERY high.
__________________
"My name is Sniper Wolf, and I always kill what I aim at."

Last edited by Strigon; 10-22-2011 at 01:50 AM.
Strigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
 
King_Ubu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 908

Awards Showcase Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
There's only one thing that I can think of that's affecting the bonus. Does the game remember your damage when you click "restart from checkpoint"? Because every time that I'd take even a single hit, I would restart the checkpoint and try again. Haven't actually made it through the mission completely without restarting, so this may be the issue. But I need confirmation.
Thats your problem.

As far as I can tell, restarting a checkpoint, even if you are at 100% health counts as a death.
__________________
Blank friend requests will be deleted.

Friend requests will not be deleted if you say why you are adding me.
King_Ubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
 
Strigon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Ubu View Post
Thats your problem.

As far as I can tell, restarting a checkpoint, even if you are at 100% health counts as a death.
Okay, thanks Ubu. I'll have to go through it again and tough out the first 2 phases then. Markov is cake with the F/A-18's ECM's

Also, has anyone achieved the unlock skill for getting a set point of machine gun bonuses yet?

(I think I may create a guide about these actually if necessary.)
__________________
"My name is Sniper Wolf, and I always kill what I aim at."
Strigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
Okay, thanks Ubu. I'll have to go through it again and tough out the first 2 phases then. Markov is cake with the F/A-18's ECM's

Also, has anyone achieved the unlock skill for getting a set point of machine gun bonuses yet?

(I think I may create a guide about these actually if necessary.)
negatory mate I hit 360 MG points from the dubai mission still no go..... do you get more mg points in higher difficulties maybe?

Side note finally aced all co-op missions...... that icbm mission is the worst -_-

*edit* what unlocks did you get for your ace of aces???

Last edited by DeadlyPlatypus; 10-22-2011 at 12:50 PM. Reason: update
DeadlyPlatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
 
InternationalGamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ankara, Turkey
Posts: 938

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Ubu View Post
I bet you 20p the plane is getting damaged on the landing.

This is what destroyed my points when trying to get an A rank, for some reason the plane randomly starts to self destruct when trying to land, I've no idea how to counter it, but I bet thats the reason why you don't have an armour bonus.
You're most likely not making a soft landing. If the landings hard your aircraft will get damaged. Mine went from light damage to heavy damage after I touched down.
__________________


Trophy card is banned to be viewed in the Europe Union for many reasons, view at own risk.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
InternationalGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
 
King_Ubu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 908

Awards Showcase Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyPlatypus View Post
*edit* what unlocks did you get for your ace of aces???
Just the trophy.

However you do get the 'Ace' skill for getting a grade on all missions, so you do get a reward of sorts.
__________________
Blank friend requests will be deleted.

Friend requests will not be deleted if you say why you are adding me.
King_Ubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:26 PM.

Missing Trophies class=