Unlock item for getting an Armor bonus in all free missions

Strigon

I was browsing through the unlockables in the player archive of the game and noticed that nummber 88 unlocks you a skill if you can get an armor bonus in every free mission. So I decided to give it a try. Managed to do it easily in every stage EXCEPT Akula....I then decided to take my F/A-18 with ECM's into the fight to counter his annoying "god missiles" Made sure I didn't take a single hit during the Sukhoi and bomber invasions, and evaded all of his missiles using ECM. Yet for some gosh darn reason I DIDN'T GET AN ARMOR BONUS :mad:

Has anyone tried this yet? Because I've completed the mission several times without getting hit, but the game keeps saying I got a 0 in armor bonus. What's the deal, man? :confused::mad::confused::think:

I was browsing through the unlockables in the player archive of the game and noticed that nummber 88 unlocks you a skill if you can get an armor bonus in every free mission. So I decided to give it a try. Managed to do it easily in every stage EXCEPT Akula....I then decided to take my F/A-18 with ECM's into the fight to counter his annoying "god missiles" Made sure I didn't take a single hit during the Sukhoi and bomber invasions, and evaded all of his missiles using ECM. Yet for some gosh darn reason I DIDN'T GET AN ARMOR BONUS :mad:

Has anyone tried this yet? Because I've completed the mission several times without getting hit, but the game keeps saying I got a 0 in armor bonus. What's the deal, man? :confused::mad::confused::think:

I have no idea, but technically speaking your plane is damaged by the Trinity Warhead after you destroy it. >.>

Managed to do it easily in every stage EXCEPT Akula....

I bet you 20p the plane is getting damaged on the landing.

This is what destroyed my points when trying to get an A rank, for some reason the plane randomly starts to self destruct when trying to land, I've no idea how to counter it, but I bet thats the reason why you don't have an armour bonus.

This is what destroyed my points when trying to get an A rank, for some reason the plane randomly starts to self destruct when trying to land, I've no idea how to counter it, but I bet thats the reason why you don't have an armour bonus.

I know about the damage from landing, but I don't think that is the issue considering I make sure to land quickly way before even the "light damage" icon starts flashing

There's only one thing that I can think of that's affecting the bonus. Does the game remember your damage when you click "restart from checkpoint"? Because every time that I'd take even a single hit, I would restart the checkpoint and try again. Haven't actually made it through the mission completely without restarting, so this may be the issue. But I need confirmation.

Ive been trying to get those unlocks as well lol. They might be broken....why?

Ive went through the dubai bomber mission using nothing but machine guns and yet still didnt unlock that machine gun unlockable......wtf!!! lol

I've tried doing the machine gun one too. Went through practically 3 stages straight using only the machine gun and still haven't unlocked it. Either the unlock is messed up, or the point to achieve it is just VERY high.

Edited by Strigon

There's only one thing that I can think of that's affecting the bonus. Does the game remember your damage when you click "restart from checkpoint"? Because every time that I'd take even a single hit, I would restart the checkpoint and try again. Haven't actually made it through the mission completely without restarting, so this may be the issue. But I need confirmation.

Thats your problem.

As far as I can tell, restarting a checkpoint, even if you are at 100% health counts as a death.

Thats your problem.

As far as I can tell, restarting a checkpoint, even if you are at 100% health counts as a death.

Okay, thanks Ubu. I'll have to go through it again and tough out the first 2 phases then. Markov is cake with the F/A-18's ECM's ;)

Also, has anyone achieved the unlock skill for getting a set point of machine gun bonuses yet?

(I think I may create a guide about these actually if necessary.)

Okay, thanks Ubu. I'll have to go through it again and tough out the first 2 phases then. Markov is cake with the F/A-18's ECM's ;)

Also, has anyone achieved the unlock skill for getting a set point of machine gun bonuses yet?

(I think I may create a guide about these actually if necessary.)

negatory mate I hit 360 MG points from the dubai mission still no go..... do you get more mg points in higher difficulties maybe?

Side note finally aced all co-op missions...... that icbm mission is the worst -_-

*edit* what unlocks did you get for your ace of aces???

Edited by DeadlyPlatypus
update

You're most likely not making a soft landing. If the landings hard your aircraft will get damaged. Mine went from light damage to heavy damage after I touched down.

You're most likely not making a soft landing. If the landings hard your aircraft will get damaged. Mine went from light damage to heavy damage after I touched down.

That's not true. Your plane gradually starts taking damage whenever you perform landings in this game. In both Blue on Blue and Akula, if you take a while to land, you'll start seeing the damage indicators flashing.

negatory mate I hit 360 MG points from the dubai mission still no go..... do you get more mg points in higher difficulties maybe?

Side note finally aced all co-op missions...... that icbm mission is the worst -_-

*edit* what unlocks did you get for your ace of aces???

How did you mange to Ace the Co-op ICBM mission? I've been stuck on that for quite a while now.

How did you mange to Ace the Co-op ICBM mission? I've been stuck on that for quite a while now.

MUhahahahah I beat you to something ( my 1 moment of bragging rights....prolly ever)

I actually used your free mission strategy of going for a speed run. I used a combinations of mg/missles....but more mg. it is not necessary to get to the third ace although im sure it would be a nice bonus. When it came to the missile ( you probably already know) you need to use the 4/6aams.

the plane i choose was su-33 becuase I liked it

Skills as follow

Quick charge <---- FAS <--- this really made a big difference for me

Enhanced MG

Enhanced missles

quick assualt

enhanced armor

enhanced dfm

aceing the icbm co-op mission unlocks is throttle boost+ which increases acceleration while lowering the capacity of amoo---- corny reward

only two rewards that i consider good is the double assualt and quick turn+

Edited by DeadlyPlatypus

Has anybody figured out what you unlock for getting all the call signs yet? Also what do you get for unlockable #150? Fly the F-14D Super Tomcat for a specified amount of points?:think:

It takes a bit of time, not too much really, but the last color scheme is a blue/purple one with cherry blossoms and the Wardog squadron on its vertical stabilizers

http://images.wikia.com/acecombat/images/b/b2/WardogSquadronpatch.jpg

Has anybody figured out what you unlock for getting all the call signs yet? Also what do you get for unlockable #150? Fly the F-14D Super Tomcat for a specified amount of points?:think:

That special colour for the F-14D is actually a colour that was featured in Ace Combat 5. (The sexiest colour for the F-14D imo) It's purple with cherry blossoms blowing in the wind, with blue spiral swirls around the wing tips. It looks especially beautiful when the wings close inward after accelerating, because it sort-of completes the design.

Not really, I have used only machine gun on the level in Derbent, I think it's called Pipeline. I did it on both Pilot and Elite and got around 800 points. So far this mission seems to be the best one to get a lot of points at once with the machine gun because I always get 700-800+ points. I would think I have accumulated at least 5,000 machine gun points if not maybe even 10,000.

Has anyone got the armor bonus on Hostile Fleet? It seems like I always get lit up with AA fire from the ships and can't get it. I also can't get the AC-130 mission and the Russian Helicopter mission.

I bet the skill is Extra Armor+, but honestly it seems like doing all this hard stuff isn't worth it for the skills they grant, like i just finished up getting color 3 for getting a certain amount of points with every aircraft in multiplayer and got Enchanced Blades+...pretty dumb

Actually the skill you unlock is called "Untouchable" and it boosts the power of all your weapons while sacrificing armor. As far as I can tell it is stackable with the other skills like Enhanced Missles+ etc...;)

Actually the skill you unlock is called "Untouchable" and it boosts the power of all your weapons while sacrificing armor. As far as I can tell it is stackable with the other skills like Enhanced Missles+ etc...;)

ooooh well that is actually worth it, i need 50 hours and conquest is getting boring, so maybe I'll try and get that next and actually have a goal so I don't realize the time passing by

The unlock item for obtaining all call signs is Enhanced MG+ which is disappointing after all that effort. The final two skills you can unlock are EASY TRINITY - which gives you the trinity after 1 enemy but only lasts one time and then has to be unlocked again, and BURST - which maximizes aircraft durability but is lost after 10 battles and must be unlocked again. Both cost 100,000 points. The BURST may be useful for getting armor bonuses but I'm not sure of that yet.

Not really, I have used only machine gun on the level in Derbent, I think it's called Pipeline. I did it on both Pilot and Elite and got around 800 points. So far this mission seems to be the best one to get a lot of points at once with the machine gun because I always get 700-800+ points. I would think I have accumulated at least 5,000 machine gun points if not maybe even 10,000.

Has anyone got the armor bonus on Hostile Fleet? It seems like I always get lit up with AA fire from the ships and can't get it. I also can't get the AC-130 mission and the Russian Helicopter mission.

I've obtained armor bonuses on hostile fleet (it really isn't as difficult as you think) and the Russian heli mission.

That goddamn AC-130 mission is so damn infuriating to get an armor bonus on. I too am still having trouble on it (Why can't the goddamn AC-130 use flares like it does in real life? :mad:) I think you need to memorize the precise spots and timing when an RPG and AA gun will spawn, and on top of that, you have to remember which SPECIFIC RPGs will auto-hit you so that you can attempt to shoot at their missiles using Machine guns. (As if it wasn't hard enough...)

The key to the Russian Heli mission is to ALWAYS be moving. That means maintaining a perimeter around your targets and hovering in circles around them. Using buildings as shields for more boxed in targets as well. Never stop moving.

I've obtained armor bonuses on hostile fleet (it really isn't as difficult as you think) and the Russian heli mission.

That goddamn AC-130 mission is so damn infuriating to get an armor bonus on. I too am still having trouble on it (Why can't the goddamn AC-130 use flares like it does in real life? :mad:) I think you need to memorize the precise spots and timing when an RPG and AA gun will spawn, and on top of that, you have to remember which SPECIFIC RPGs will auto-hit you so that you can attempt to shoot at their missiles using Machine guns. (As if it wasn't hard enough...)

The key to the Russian Heli mission is to ALWAYS be moving. That means maintaining a perimeter around your targets and hovering in circles around them. Using buildings as shields for more boxed in targets as well. Never stop moving.

I really hope you know that to get an armor bonus, you CAN get hit, just can't cumulatively take enough damage to kill you (or to die on ace). The AC-130 mission was the 2nd armor bonus I got. You just have to shoot down the RPGs with the 2.5 Gatling and try not to take too much AA gun fire

Edited by HellSpawn137