Rate the trophy difficulty...  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_7.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.84

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

I give it a 6.

Every trophy besides Ace of Aces(all A ranks) and Veteran Pilot(50 hours online) is extremely easy. The story is fairly easy even on elite, and the co-op is only 7 missions that can be done easily with up to 2 other people.

I'm rewriting this as of getting very close to the platinum(around 10 hours till 50 hours online), this is a 6 because of getting all the A ranks and 50 hours online. 50 hours is a loooot of time, the online is fun-but 50 hours online is something I can easily do on a game like Battlefield or CoD, this game's online is good but it isn't addictive so it will take playing a couple hours every week to eventually get this.

All A ranks is decently challenging, but honestly at this point in time me and some other people on the site have found out the best ways to get these, and it's nothing too hard. It certainly isn't a cake walk, but a couple playthroughs of a mission along with following our guidelines and you'll have the trophy

Edited by Shika
DISREGARD THAT THING ABOUT DISREGARDING THAT

I give it a 6.

ATM i have everything besides a 5-chain kill, 50 hours, and all A ranks(I'm at 10/16 A ranks)

Every trophy besides Ace of Aces(all A ranks) and Veteran Pilot(50 hours online) is extremely easy. The story is fairly easy even on elite, and the co-op is only 7 missions that can be done easily with up to 2 other people. The online is decently fun so 50 hours will accumulate over a couple months.

The problem and the reason i give this a 6 is because all A ranks messes it all up. Your best bet is to unlock Ace difficulty to get all A ranks. I've seen some people on the leaderboards have A ranks on certain missions with elite, but for every level your best bet is to just do ace difficulty

Ace adds no regeneration, and some of these missions go upwards of 20 minutes, so I had to replay each checkpoint a lot of times until i perfected it. Hard but not insanely hard. I also had to replay a lot of missions over and over to get a better score because it kept giving me B ranks.

It should be said that i've seen people get scores as high as mine on missions i played on ace and they played on elite or pilot. certain longer missions don't need to be done on ace to get an A. You don't need to get ace difficulty to get all A ranks. what it comes down to is either playing on Ace or playing on a lower difficulty and learning how to speedrun a specific level while maximizing your points

tl;dr incredibly easy and fun besides getting all A ranks, Ace difficulty is certainly hard but as long as you pace yourself on the longer missions, and are willing to replay each checkpoint until you get it perfected, you'll do fine

Good info, any chance you could put together a quick list of what missions are the longer ones that you can get A on without elite or ace? Or at least without ace

Don't have the platinum and I didn't vote, but from what I am seeing in the trophies, it should be time consuming. Aces of Aces is a very time consuming trophy, esspecially if you didn't complete the game on Elite on the start to unlock Ace, still have no idea how Warwolf Squadron is a gold but Aces of Aces is silver.

That sortie of 50 hours depends, if its online only, than it should take some time, but if it includes all the game modes, than it should come naturally trying to get the other trophies.

And I have no idea how to get Assault Chain with 5, but someone should be able to find a way to get it and share his strategy.

Don't have the platinum and I didn't vote, but from what I am seeing in the trophies, it should be time consuming. Aces of Aces is a very time consuming trophy, esspecially if you didn't complete the game on Elite on the start to unlock Ace, still have no idea how Warwolf Squadron is a gold but Aces of Aces is silver.

That sortie of 50 hours depends, if its online only, than it should take some time, but if it includes all the game modes, than it should come naturally trying to get the other trophies.

And I have no idea how to get Assault Chain with 5, but someone should be able to find a way to get it and share his strategy.

Assault chain 5 can not be boosted , we tried this morning! Mission coop and competetive online count towards 50 hrs.

Unless somebody figures out how to do Chain Master and posts in detail which mission, the plane they used and where exactly in the mission they did it (or even a video of it!)

This is a solid 9 without a doubt.

Chain master can't be boosted. We tried it, when you enter DFM on a human player and take him out, it doesn't then link to a second player, meaning chaining is impossible so no trophy.

Edit: HOLY CRAP!

I just got chain master! lol good thing I didn't rate it yet.

Edited by King_Ubu

Good info, any chance you could put together a quick list of what missions are the longer ones that you can get A on without elite or ace? Or at least without ace

i will do that in the guide i make once i get these ace missions and 50 hours cleaned up

I'm gonna try and do a specific strategy for each mission, or at least how i did it

I don't have platinum yet, but the only trophy I have left is the 50 hour online trophy which is... a pain.

The list appears at first to be a lot harder than it really is (as indicated from my last post in this topic).

However, every online trophy can be boosted, the minimum number of people you need is 3, so theres nothing too hard there.

Ace of Aces will take you some time, but once you unlock Multirole Pilot skill it's become so much easier (which can be done very quickly thanks to the pipeline mission and the trinity missile).

Chain Master is not that bad at all, now that we know what level to do it on and how.

The only thing which is a stupid pain is the play 50 hours online, this is actual gameplay time, not time in the lobbys, theres no way to check how long you've played for (other than the save file time which is both on and offline flight time).

All things considered, it's probably a 7. Just because with Ace of Aces you're more or less on your own and chain master will take a bit of luck as well as a lot of practice.

Rated 7.

Edited by King_Ubu

I give it a solid 7. Blends in a good mix of campaign and online achivements. Plus many of them do require some level of skill even WITH a boosting partner, and there are others that require a little more skill, luck, and of course some time with regard to the 50hour online sortie trophy, and the Ace of Aces.

Edited by Spidey106

I give it a solid 7. Blends in a good mix of campaign and online achivements. Plus many of them do require some level of skill even WITH a boosting partner, and there are others that require a little more skill, luck, and of course some time with regard to the 50hour online sortie trophy, and the Ace of Aces.

just got plat! number 65!! (too bad for crysis 2 it would been 66 :mad:). anyway i liked this game. regarding ace of aces and nice save trophies you need a lot of patience and a little bit of lucky either :D. i give it a 7 (maybe 8 but only for those 2 trophies). ciao!!!:dance:

• 3 weeks later...

I gotta give this at least 8+ for Ace of Aces. I swear some times it just wants you to replay the mission multiple times. There were times where I'd feel like I played worse but got a higher score. Oh well the rest of the trophies are just time consuming now that I got A ranks

Edited by Vapor_N4

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Ace of Aces was my last one (like many others; up there with Veteran Pilot)...not sure if it was overly tough, or just the enormous amount of time playing made you very proficient at the game.

Blue on Blue just gave me trouble to finally get an A rank...it finally happened on a run that I didn't feel that good about (as opposed to the ones I felt I moved very quickly through). The stats begged to differ I guess. The rest were easier than I had anticipated (I initially struggled getting an A rank with the first mission, then skipped it and came back in which I got an A on the first try about 8 A's deep) though there were a few thorns with multiple playthroughs.

In all transparency, I did buy a handful of skills via the PSN store, which I think paid dividends in the end. By no means completely necessary to platinum, though probably sped things up a bit.

Edited by GiN

• 7 years later...

I give to this an 8

About solo everything is easy except Ace of Aces which requires to have a good gear to do some good damage with good time in a few levels,also a few need to finish them  without dying ,some one elite and  on ace dif. To be honest i had trouble with a few levels...Thats why i gave an 8,otherwise without that trophy i would drop it to 6, Blue on blue was a stupid level which i change many strategies, at the end i used rafal and just spamed rockets everywere and i get that A rank. The Speed Demon was a little bit challenge but doable with a few tries, all online trophies can be done with 2 people but one trophy requires 3,they are not hard just grindy and boring ....I had a very good and serious person and we made it even easier.

Edited by oderpas