is what you expected??

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon is what you expected??  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Ace Combat: Assault Horizon is what you expected??

I went 8, my only complaint is that I wish so many planes were not available right away, it'd be a little more fun to unlock them by beating missions, or playing a higher difficulity, or something along those lines. I know that doesn't make logical sense story wise (to not have acess to all the planes, but I'd still prefer it that way). Just to have that wooohooo I got a new plane moment. But I love the game, the DFM is really cool, I was nervous after reading about it, but after playing it, it's just flat out fun.

Edited by One More Thing

I expected a lot more out of the game's single player execution, that's for sure.

I missed the debriefings from earlier games, watching the little arrows fly around while you're told what your victory accomplished.

The characters, aside from maybe Guts, felt pretty dull. Jan looked like she might at least have a personality due to her playfulness with Guts, but that died out pretty quickly for me.

I was pretty disappointed that there wasn't much playtime with the door gunner, gunship or bombers, only really having one mission each (unless you count the intro, in which case the door gunner has two.) Not being able to use cockpit view or completely roll your bomber sucks, too.

The story felt like Ace Combat, with exception to not having a well made villain. Markov didn't live up to the expectation I had for a rival ace, being both boring and relatively unskilled.

I was extremely disappointed in the fact that DFM is forced onto the player. It was my understanding that DFM was completely optional, but after thousands of missiles and millions of bullets fired at an enemy Flight Lead only to find out that two seconds in DFM kills him, I found that it's quite the contrary.

I was only slightly disappointed that the player never becomes the "feared ace" to his enemy. Bishop will never be among Mobius 1, The Demons of Razgriz, or Galm Team as memorable aces, regardless of how many enemies he kills.

I am very annoyed that guns feel almost useless now. I can kill enemies faster in DFM with my missiles than with my guns, and outside of DFM, guns are almost useless.

Everything else, however, feels great to play. Although I hate being forced to use it, DFM is fun as hell. The ability to fully customize your colors is great, and the unlockable callsigns for multiplayer squadrons are a nice touch.

I expected a lot more out of the game's single player execution, that's for sure.

I missed the debriefings from earlier games, watching the little arrows fly around while you're told what your victory accomplished.

The characters, aside from maybe Guts, felt pretty dull. Jan looked like she might at least have a personality due to her playfulness with Guts, but that died out pretty quickly for me.

I was pretty disappointed that there wasn't much playtime with the door gunner, gunship or bombers, only really having one mission each (unless you count the intro, in which case the door gunner has two.) Not being able to use cockpit view or completely roll your bomber sucks, too.

The story felt like Ace Combat, with exception to not having a well made villain. Markov didn't live up to the expectation I had for a rival ace, being both boring and relatively unskilled.

I was extremely disappointed in the fact that DFM is forced onto the player. It was my understanding that DFM was completely optional, but after thousands of missiles and millions of bullets fired at an enemy Flight Lead only to find out that two seconds in DFM kills him, I found that it's quite the contrary.

I was only slightly disappointed that the player never becomes the "feared ace" to his enemy. Bishop will never be among Mobius 1, The Demons of Razgriz, or Galm Team as memorable aces, regardless of how many enemies he kills.

I am very annoyed that guns feel almost useless now. I can kill enemies faster in DFM with my missiles than with my guns, and outside of DFM, guns are almost useless.

Everything else, however, feels great to play. Although I hate being forced to use it, DFM is fun as hell. The ability to fully customize your colors is great, and the unlockable callsigns for multiplayer squadrons are a nice touch.

Give the game a try on anything else then rookie difficulty my friend. :D

The gun is totally necessary in higher difficulty. If you're not careful you're constantly running out of missiles by the middle of teh mission. Although you do get two extra missiles if you run out but that wont cut it.

Anyhow, I heard that asian girl from AC5 made an appearance. Is that true or not?

Anyhow, I heard that asian girl from AC5 made an appearance. Is that true or not?

Captain Nagase from Unsung War did not make an appearance, sadly. Although there were screenshots released a while back and one of those had what appeared to be Captain Nagase in the background.

Ace Combat 5 brings back such good memories! That was the last Ace Combat I played besides Horizon Assault. I thought this was a great game! Well worth the wait!! Fast Pace and action packed. I do miss the debriefing and free flight modes. Online is pretty cool and Co-Op is great! Now let's just hope fir Ace Combat 6 to sneak onto PS3! But it's been 4 years, so bring on DLC's for Horizon Assault!

10/10

Give the game a try on anything else then rookie difficulty my friend. :D

The gun is totally necessary in higher difficulty. If you're not careful you're constantly running out of missiles by the middle of teh mission. Although you do get two extra missiles if you run out but that wont cut it.

I played on normal difficulty, just like I do the first time around with every game, friend.

Anyways, I saw Captain Nagase in the briefing room during one of General La Pointe's meetings. She was on the far right, one row in front of where you're sitting.

I give it an 8/10

I miss the briefings before missions from the old games too

However i feel the plane choices are awesome, from the ones i've used they all feel different enough, and the color customization and decals is really well done

The multiplayer is 10/10, co-op is great, multi is awesome, very little lag

the SP is pretty mediocre compared to past ace games though, but this was to be expected. It wasn't bad, but the characters felt pretty dull, and it was decently predictable.

the only thing about the gameplay that annoys me is the dog fights where it won't let you destroy something until a certain time. Other than that i love the mission variation, lots of different regions

the difficulties are nicely done, Ace removes regeneration, and lowers your missile count.

Edited by Shika

I give it an 8/10

I miss the briefings before missions from the old games too

However i feel the plane choices are awesome, from the ones i've used they all feel different enough, and the color customization and decals is really well done

The multiplayer is 10/10, co-op is great, multi is awesome, very little lag

the SP is pretty mediocre compared to past ace games though, but this was to be expected. It wasn't bad, but the characters felt pretty dull, and it was decently predictable.

the only thing about the gameplay that annoys me is the dog fights where it won't let you destroy something until a certain time. Other than that i love the mission variation, lots of different regions

Regarding the destroying things, I was sitting in their base one of those matches we played in an Apache manually destroying HQ's. From an airplane though it would be VERY difficult to manually aim and destroy them (lock on is completely useless)

I really liked the game, I'd give it a 8.5/10.

Many things that I expected to annoy me or dissapoint me was actually not true. I thought DFM would suck, because you never could fully control your plane in DFM, however, in the campaign, I was really enjoying myself.

I thought the introduction was great, the best I'd ever seen.

Details on the aircrafts were just amazing.

ASM and DFM are really good parts of the game, the gunner, bomber and AC-130 missions were great and of course the fighter missions were great too.

My only complaints, the servers need an improvment, matchmaking is not good at all, finding a server from custom games is even a problem, I regulary encounter problems of not being able to connect, I was never able to upload my data to the website and going into a DFM into a player can cause you to crash agaisnt your own will because the enemy crashes himself which makes the ''auto-pilot'' of DFM make you crash which is quite annoying and sometimes the maneuvars made by your aircraft or the aircraft your pursuining in DFM is so unrealistic which is quite annoying, both in Single and Online.

My complaints seem to be a lot, but thats because I didn't right everything I liked, overally, the game is just great fun which is actually all I look at.

Being a big Ace combat fan, i was kinda disspaointed with this game.

Bad, boring story - first time that I wanted to skip through it on the first run through.

all planes are pratcially avilable from the start - I enjoyed unlocking and saving up for planes rather than this oh look F22 instawin stuff.

invici planes who dont die until a specific point regardless how many times you hit them with missles and gunfire.

Bad ai wingmen that say they will cover you but dont..... example in the moscow mission when you have to shoot down the bomber....8 allies vs 5 enemies and yet youll still have all 5 of them on you

Markov has missles that he can shoot in the opposite direction of you but still home in on your plane- we dont get those missles =/

Things that I did like was

graphics

heli missions/ac-130

manuvers/chaff ( even how rarely it worked)

and of course online!!!

random funny part - The battle cruiser in the ship mission on ace difficulty shoots missles as if it has a missle chain gun lol.....died a few times from laughing at that