Acceleration of Suguri: X-Edition - Trophy Guide and Road Map

Acceleration of Suguri: X-Edition

Roadmap

By: Kheapathic

Section 1. Overview

-Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 2.1

-Offline Trophies: 14 (11(B) 2(S) 1(G))

-Online Trophies: 0

-Approximate time to (P)/100%: 1 - 5 hours.

-Minimum Number of Playthroughs Needed: 9 (7 Arcade Standard, 2 Arcade Story)

-Number of Missable Trophies: Zero

-Glitched Trophies: None

-Does difficulty affect trophies: Yes, some trophies require Normal or Hard and one requires Hard.

-Do cheat codes disable trophies: None

Section 2. Introduction

Acceleration of Suguri: X-Edition is another independent game from Japan released on PSN by Rockin' Android. It's labeled as a fighting game but it very different from most fighting games. It feels more like an intense game of Pong with Bullet Hell weaponry. Another difference from other Rockin' Android games is, this one does not have an unforgivable difficulty that requires mastery for the trophies.

Section 3. Walkthrough

All the trophies are bundled in Arcade Mode, which is then separated into three other modes. You should start with both of the stories; Falling Wonder and Pudding Deity need to be completed on normal or hard difficulty. Most of the defeat character trophies will be obtained as long as you don't win via time. Everything else is in Arcade Standard Mode, one of which will be beating the game on Hard Difficulty. You'll have to play on Normal or Hard difficulty twice to unlock Sora. After that you just need to clear the game with separate characters to get their Extra Story, which can be done on Easy.

Edited by Kheapathic

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Acceleration of Suguri: X-Edition

Trophy Guide

By: Kheapathic

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/917/01.jpgYou're Cooked (B)

Defeat Saki in Normal or Hard Arcade Mode before time runs out.

Go to Arcade Standard Mode on Normal or Hard difficulty. Choose any character except Saki and play through the game. You must reduce her health to 0, winning via time will not work. This trophy can be obtained as you work towards On The Tale End.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/917/02.jpgPew Pew, Iru Iru (B)

Defeat Iru in Normal or Hard Arcade Mode before time runs out.

Go to Arcade Standard Mode on Normal or Hard difficulty. Choose any character except Iru and play through the game. You must reduce her health to 0, winning via time will not work. This trophy can be obtained as you work towards On The Tale End.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/917/03.jpgNapoleon Complex (B)

Defeat Nanako in Normal or Hard Arcade Mode before time runs out.

Go to Arcade Standard Mode on Normal or Hard difficulty. Choose any character except Nanako and play through the game. You must reduce her health to 0, winning via time will not work. This trophy can be obtained as you work towards On The Tale End.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/917/04.jpgBurning Up On Re-entry (B)

Defeat Kae in Normal or Hard Arcade Mode before time runs out.

Go to Arcade Standard Mode on Normal or Hard difficulty. Choose any character except Kae and play through the game. You must reduce her health to 0, winning via time will not work. This trophy can be obtained as you work towards On The Tale End.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/917/05.jpgYou'd Better Ice That (B)

Defeat Kyoko in Normal or Hard Arcade Mode before time runs out.

Go to Arcade Standard Mode on Normal or Hard difficulty. Choose any character except Kyoko and play through the game. You must reduce her health to 0, winning via time will not work. This trophy can be obtained as you work towards On The Tale End.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/917/06.jpgThere Can Only Be One (B)

Defeat Suguri in Normal or Hard Arcade Mode before time runs out.

Go to Arcade Standard Mode on Normal or Hard difficulty. Choose any character except Suguri and play through the game. You must reduce her health to 0, winning via time will not work. The Suguri you must defeat is normal Suguri, not Suguri-P or Suguri-SP. This trophy can be obtained as you work towards What's Your Story.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/917/07.jpgDancing Days (B)

Defeat Hime in Normal or Hard Arcade Mode before time runs out.

Go to Arcade Standard Mode on Normal or Hard difficulty. Choose any character except Hime and play through the game. You must reduce her health to 0, winning via time will not work. This trophy can be obtained as you work towards On The Tale End.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/917/08.jpgFloat Like A Butterfly (B)

Win a fight without taking damage in Arcade Mode.

In Arcade Mode (Story or Standard) and on any difficulty, win a fight without taking any damage. Set the difficulty on Easy and now choose a character with a strong ranged attack (Sora or Iru are good picks). Now keep your distance and dodge the enemy attacks and kill them. Two easy targets are Kyoko and Nanako; they prefer to stay at a distance and their attacks are easy to dodge.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/917/09.jpgKeep Your Cool (B)

Win a fight without reaching 150% on the heat gauge in Arcade Mode.

Win a fight without your heat gauge reaching 150%. You gain heat when dashing (:square:), dashing through enemy fire or taking a lot of hits in succession. This trophy will go along with the strategy in Float Like a Butterfly, if you do not get it sooner.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/917/12.jpgLike A Drum (B)

Land a 30 hit combo or higher in Arcade Mode.

Land a combo of 30 hits or more, there are a few ways to do this. First be sure to set the difficulty on Easy. Below are a few combos that I have managed to get 30 hits with and while they can be done on any enemy, I've found Kyoko is easiest to hit as she's slower then others and doesn't use her dash as much.

Iru's :l1:+:circle: has slight homing abilities and when they hit something they make a small explosion which stays for a while, you can spam these and sometimes manage 30 hits.

Iru's :l1:+:cross: throws out mines which have an electrical field, if you can box your opponent in on the the wall you can manage 30 hits.

Saki's :l1:+:triangle:+:circle: (do not have a level 3 charge) throws out a giant orb which circles around before dissapearing. If you can corner your opponent with that you can manage 30 hits.

Hime's :l1:+:cross: > :l1:+:cross: > :l1:+:circle: is a combo that hits a maximum of 16 times and can be repeated for 30+ hits.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/917/14.jpgTime's Up (B)

Win 5 matches in Normal or Hard Arcade Mode with 50 seconds or more left.

Go to Arcade Standard Mode with the difficulty set on Normal or Hard. Play through the game and win at least 5 of the fights with 50 seconds or more left on the clock. Use any character you're proficient with and do your best to defeat every enemy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/917/10.jpgOde To Joystick (S)

Complete Hard Standard Arcade Mode.

Go to Arcade Standard Mode with the difficulty on Hard, now beat the game. This is the only trophy requiring Hard mode and isn't that difficult to earn.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/917/11.jpgOn The Tale End (S)

Complete both Story modes on Normal or Hard difficulty.

Clear both Arcade Story Modes; Falling Wonder and Pudding Deity on Normal or Hard difficulty.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/917/13.jpgWhat's Your Story (G)

Unlock all character story lines on any difficulty.

On the main menu there is an option "Extra Story." In here are 8 different stories that pertain to different characters. In order they are; Prologue, Suguri, Saki, Iru, Kae, Nanako, Kyoko and Sora. To get each story you need to play through Arcade Standard Mode with that character but without continuing. You can do this on any difficulty and if you choose Easy difficulty you can skip two additional fights.

To unlock Sora as a playable character you must play Arcade Standard on Normal or Hard difficult and defeat her. To reach her you must first play through the game (any difficulty) and defeat Hime on the Moonlight level. To reach Hime on the Moonlight level you cannot continue and your average rank must be at least an A. Once you reach Hime, defeat her to unlock her as a playable character. Now playing on Normal or Hard difficulty, do the exact same thing but after defeating Hime (on the Moonlight stage) you will fight Sora. Defeat Sora to unlock her as a playable character.

Special Thanks

-Eternal Spoon: For how to information on characters with Extra Stories.

-KawaiiSara: For how to information on unlocking Sora.

-AiNoKame: For information on Suguri's defeat trophy.

Edited by Kheapathic

To unlock Extra Stories, you need to beat Arcade on any difficulty with in one credit with the character's that have extra stories.

Should be...

Suguri

Saki

Iru

Kae

Nanako

K... I think her name started with a K. Ice lady.

Sora*

* Needs to be unlocked by beating her in Arcade Standard. You can fight her on Normal/Hard if you do it on one credit.

To unlock Sora as a playable character you must play Arcade Standard on Normal or Hard difficult and defeat her. To reach her you must play through the game without continuing and this will unlock Hime as a playable character. Now play through the game again on Normal or Hard difficulty without continuing and after Hime, you will fight Sora. Defeat her to unlock her as a character.

This isn't entirely correct...

To unlock Hime, you must fight her on the Moonlight stage.

To reach her on Moonlight doesn't work just by not continuing.

It's dependent on the rank you got at the end of each stage.

If they are an average of A or higher, you will fight her there.

Then, if you already unlocked Hime and maintain your average after beating her, you fight Sora.

Also, you can fight Hime on Moonlight and unlock her on Easy, but Sora only appears in Normal/Hard, yes.

If you fail to get the average, you'll fight Hime on Seal of Princess.

It won't work if you fight her there, even if you didn't continue.

Just trying to help. ^^;

Edit: Also, er... The title name has a typo.

Edited by KawaiiSara

Really liking the guide, though just so you know at the moment the trophy images are appearing as broken images to me.

Yeah, I'm not sure why but sometimes my browser likes to play games. The same thing happened on my Trinity Universe Guide but instead of being broken images, I had about 3 tiles per trophy. Thank you.

This isn't entirely correct...

To unlock Hime, you must fight her on the Moonlight stage.

To reach her on Moonlight doesn't work just by not continuing.

It's dependent on the rank you got at the end of each stage.

If they are an average of A or higher, you will fight her there.

Then, if you already unlocked Hime and maintain your average after beating her, you fight Sora.

Also, you can fight Hime on Moonlight and unlock her on Easy, but Sora only appears in Normal/Hard, yes.

If you fail to get the average, you'll fight Hime on Seal of Princess.

It won't work if you fight her there, even if you didn't continue.

Just trying to help. ^^;

Edit: Also, er... The title name has a typo.

Thank you for the tip, the guide has been adjusted. But um, where's the typo?

Thanks for the roadmap, not the hardest game to 100% though. Looking forward to doing it tonight when my time frees up.

Seems to be a lot of disagreeance on how to get Saki for the gold trophy though, guess I'll go with playing on normal, in one credit with an avrage rank of A, should cover it.

Thanks for the roadmap, not the hardest game to 100% though. Looking forward to doing it tonight when my time frees up.

Seems to be a lot of disagreeance on how to get Saki for the gold trophy though, guess I'll go with playing on normal, in one credit with an avrage rank of A, should cover it.

I got "Sora" this morning. It is true that you have to play through Arcade Standard mode on NORMAL or HARD twice using 1 credit while maintaining an "A" average. The first time gets you Hima. The 2nd time gets you Sora. It's that simple. Anyone that says otherwise is wrong :)

I usually don't like games that are this quick to get 100% in, but this is fun to pick up now and then. Thanks for the info about Sora!

For the Float like a butterfly trophy, it's incredibly quick+easy to use No Name against Kyoko and just spam his melee attack. For Like a drum I used Hime against Kae (I think?) and just use the combo of :l1:+:cross:(spam :cross:), then :l1:+:circle:, repeat this combo until you get the trophy (her melee attack is a chain that locks you into place).

For Time's Up, the 5 fights don't need to be in the same arcade mode, they can be spread across multiple ones. I got a few, then died so I reset, then got a couple more in a new run and the trophy popped.

Any hints for getting an A average for Hime/Sora? I can't seem to maintain it, especially vs people like Nanako and Iru. It seems time plays a heavy part in score, but I can't be fast and avoid damage at the same time.

By the way, I got the 30 hit trophy randomly with Saki, by trapping the opponent on the wall and using her normal triangle hyper move, then hitting with some random things.

Edited by Akari

For Time's Up, the 5 fights don't need to be in the same arcade mode, they can be spread across multiple ones. I got a few, then died so I reset, then got a couple more in a new run and the trophy popped.

Any hints for getting an A average for Hime/Sora? I can't seem to maintain it, especially vs people like Nanako and Iru. It seems time plays a heavy part in score, but I can't be fast and avoid damage at the same time.

By the way, I got the 30 hit trophy randomly with Saki, by trapping the opponent on the wall and using her normal triangle hyper move, then hitting with some random things.

I don't have any idea for Hime, but Sora is easy enough. Something I've found with most characters is their attacks will differ depending on how hard you push the button. Sora's :circle: quick attack send about 8 missiles (slight homing) to her enemy, yet her :circle: hard attack has her flanked with 4 missiles that hold poisition and then fire a second or two later. Keeping your distance and spamming her quick :circle: attack has always been good enough for me (even on Hard mode). You just have to know how to dodge.

Nanako is easy enough; she's willing to have a long ranged battle with you and her attacks come from her funnels (or whatever you want to call them) and are easy enough to dodge. Saki on the other hand is more mid to close range based and will attempt to get close, which doesn't work well for Sora's missiles. So do your best to keep your distance. Saki also only has 3 direct (aimed) attacks; one is mid-ranged, the others are long ranged but one is a hyper attack.