Viz Media sublicenses the Accel World videogames

Viz Media confirmed with Anime News Network last week that its master licensee rights for Accel World includes the rights to release the series on home video. Viz Media also holds the rights to sublicense the two videogame spinoffs.

Bandai Namco Games released Accel World: Ginyoku no Kakusei for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable in Japan in September, followed by Accel World: Kasoku no Chōten in January. Both games bundled an Accel World original video anime.

Viz Media announced earlier this month that it holds the rights to videogram, television, online distribution, and all merchandising licensing for the series.

Viz Media premiered the Accel World English dub on the company's Neon Alley streaming service on April 19. The series premiered in Japan last year and Viz streamed the series with English subtitles on its website as it aired in Japan.

Viz Media's Accel World License Includes Home Video, Video Game Rights - News - Anime News Network

What do you think our odds are of the games being released outside of Japan?

VIZ Media, though owned by Jump's honchos, is still an American based company. There really is no point in just licensing a franchise and not releasing it unless their primary focus was just the anime series. Anyway, screw VIZ.

Edited by EEHHHHHH

VIZ Media, though owned by Jump's honchos, is still an American based company. There really is no point in just licensing a franchise and not releasing it unless their primary focus was just the anime series. Anyway, screw VIZ.

Well Viz Media owns Accel World in America and everything related to it. They sublicensed the videogames as well. So they just need Namco, NISA, Aksys, or anyone like that to actually release it. No point in sublicensing it if it's not going to happen.

• 9 months later...
Guess VIZ likes doing pointless things.

Sucks that our first localized PS3 VN is one meant for girls/homos. No offense to either group, I just prefer moe highschool girls to bishi samurai dudes.

Well i'm neither a girl or a homo but I enjoy ones like Hakuoki, Amnesia and Uta no Prince-sama. (Of course i'm even more into the non-Otome Visual Novels).

Well i'm neither a girl
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! My whole life is a lie.

Seriously though like I was saying before, that's fine that you like those games and all and I meant no offense to those that do but I figure the amount of guys that play games is higher than girls and the amount of lonely pathetic ones are probably mostly guys too so something like Clannad would sell way better than any of those other titles you mentioned.

And what the Hell is up wth the lack of posts for both the Accel games? They're supposed to be super easy so why has no one done a guide for them?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! My whole life is a lie.

Seriously though like I was saying before, that's fine that you like those games and all and I meant no offense to those that do but I figure the amount of guys that play games is higher than girls and the amount of lonely pathetic ones are probably mostly guys too so something like Clannad would sell way better than any of those other titles you mentioned.

And what the Hell is up wth the lack of posts for both the Accel games? They're supposed to be super easy so why has no one done a guide for them?

I think Jun Maeda or at leasy Key/Visual Arts has said that they don't want his games localized no matter if it's PC or I guess even PS3. Though Prototype is the ones who Publish the ports, but I guess it depends on how much Key/Visual Arts have a say in the matter even then or not. As far as Accel World goes, I think hardly anyone bought it or at least that's how it feels. Same goes for the Lagrange The Flower of Rinne Hybrid Pack and The Reminiscence of Haruhi Suzumiya game. But I do think there are more girl gamers out there than you think, but yes there is probably more males than females.

• 4 months later...

Well I can't vouch for the first game (as I don't own it yet, only the second) but they're not piss-easy (P)s by any means, they require a small bit more effort than your average Visual Novel because - well, they're not just Visual Novels. They have RPG-like battles involved too, and getting endings seems to be a little different too, they're not just a case of Skip + Give answers = Platinum.

I plan to write a guide for the second when I'm finished with it and the first when I buy it at some point.