The #¤%&!*$ dash courses

Minnesinger

Do you need to beat them on every playtrough for the plat? If so I'm selling this game first thing in the morning as there is no patch for extra time on EU-version and none on the horizon. I might be able to do it by sher luck after a few months of grinding, swearing and screaming but three times? I doubt it. :mad:

You need to beat them on a minimum of one gameplay because beating them within the fastest times will unlock a sword you need for the all swords obtained trophy. Now, if you beat them and don't get that trophy on that particular playthrough, the sword doesn't carry over to the save+ data and into the next game and you would need to beat them yet again. Just make sure that whichever game you do them in is the one in which you make sure to trigger all the events throughout the game and harvest/farm enough small blocks to get whatever swords you haven't gotten from King Block, and make sure to get all of the upgraded swords (Hero, ancient, etc) and you'll never have to do them or the breakout or the block defense again if you don't want to.

i give kudos to the people that beat the dash circuit games w/out the patch times. I just beat the 2nd one tonight w/ a time of 64secs and thats about 3 or 4 hrs doing it. Thats good enough for me @ the moment but may go back & try to get better times & see if I can beat the pre patch times.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

that's funny. I did something similar when i did it. I tried making a thin guy thinking that it would make the hit detection smaller, but then you get hit by invisible barriers.

Then i realized the hit detection was based on the whole block so I made a complete block shape like the video, but I made it all red in the front so I could tell which way I was facing

• 1 month later...
This has been posted elsewhere, but I used this method to get this done pre-patch:

YouTube - (SECRET REVEALED!!) 3D Dot Game Heroes - How to Beat Dash Circuit Block Circuit and Monaca Circuit

If you can't get it using this method, you'll never get it.

I'd beg to differ. Got it without this method

Holy crap thats ingenious! I never seen that

before but I might give it a shot.

Tried this and found didn't work at all for me. Seems to work for some, but not others

• 2 weeks later...

I personally don't see the point of these dash-circuit minigames. It's stupidly hard, not enjoyable and just lame. I don't see how anybody would want to play something like that for fun. 9 out of 10 people wouldn't have touched them with a 10-foot pole if trophies weren't tied to that. Just my opinion

• 2 weeks later...

well using the select, circle method i finally got 57 seconds. i got a perfect start on lap one, made my way north before my first crash, was on fire. crashed a few more times so i was suprised at the time. just keep at it. all up, monaca circuit took me about 1 hour.

then i started playing blockout... f**k me, here we go again... this s*** is rediculous.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you can't get it using this method, you'll never get it.

Well, that's not entirely fair. That method is a hell of a lot harder than it looks to pull off in that video. Many people feel that it's not even worth it, and I have to agree. I haven't beaten Monaco Circuit yet (and I probably never will because it's not fun for me anymore), but I always did way better just trying normally than trying to do that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally completed the Monaco circuit earlier after hours and hours of works. Fast forward an hour or so and I realise I've messed up the From Cave event so lo and behold I have to do it again on another playthrough.

This is bull, yes it is my own fault, but the EU should have the NA patch by now to at least make it tolerable.

Edited by Musashi1596

These circuits are extremely difficult, yet extremely useless to the game.

I have mad respect for those who have the Platinum pre-patched or EU version...

Finally completed the Monaco circuit earlier after hours and hours of works. Fast forward an hour or so and I realise I've messed up the From Cave event so lo and behold I have to do it again on another playthrough.

This is bull, yes it is my own fault, but the EU should have the NA patch by now to at least make it tolerable.

Ugh I messed up the From cave event too (the only one I was missing...). 2 or 3 more playthroughs of this game with them getting more difficult/frustrating is not something I look forward to.

Edited by Y00N

I have mad respect for those who have the Platinum pre-patched or EU version...

Why thank you ;)

As for making sure you don't miss any events, follow EgHeadFool's guide over on Gamefaqs to the letter, double & triple checking everything, and make multiple saves. Every time you go to the FROM cave and there are more people there, you should definitely make a new save file, and reload that if there are no new people there the next time you visit.

• 2 weeks later...
i give kudos to the people that beat the dash circuit games w/out the patch times. I just beat the 2nd one tonight w/ a time of 64secs and thats about 3 or 4 hrs doing it. Thats good enough for me @ the moment but may go back & try to get better times & see if I can beat the pre patch times.

I got the european version of this game and after this read here I got a feeling that I will have some challenging hours coming at me :eek:

I hate when shit like this is found to cheapen getting the platinum.
And I hate when people see something that may or may not make something slightly easier (that pause thing does not actually make it easier at all; go try it yourself sometime, it actually really sucks both in terms of effectiveness and just doing it) and start whining about "cheapening" platinums, as if platinum trophies had any kind of tangible value in the first place.

"WAAAAAAAAHHH!!! People can get five less seconds in the dash circuits now, so they get to spend only 5 hours grinding instead of 6! This game is as easy as Hannah Montana now, all these n00bs are getting my really hard trophy!" That's what you and people like you sound like. And one, you're wrong, the game still isn't all that much easier to platinum. Half a point less on the difficulty rating at most, that's it. It's still extremely hard, so get over yourselves.