XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > 0-9 (PS3) > 3D Dot Game Heroes

Old 01-13-2011, 06:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default The #%&!*$ dash courses

Do you need to beat them on every playtrough for the plat? If so I'm selling this game first thing in the morning as there is no patch for extra time on EU-version and none on the horizon. I might be able to do it by sher luck after a few months of grinding, swearing and screaming but three times? I doubt it.

Minnesinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to SuperNova69

I don't see why you would. I think you just need to do them on one playthrough so you can get all the life shards and enough small blocks to get all the swords.

I still haven't even bothered to do them, though, so I could be wrong.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Maldovar

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

You need to beat them on a minimum of one gameplay because beating them within the fastest times will unlock a sword you need for the all swords obtained trophy. Now, if you beat them and don't get that trophy on that particular playthrough, the sword doesn't carry over to the save+ data and into the next game and you would need to beat them yet again. Just make sure that whichever game you do them in is the one in which you make sure to trigger all the events throughout the game and harvest/farm enough small blocks to get whatever swords you haven't gotten from King Block, and make sure to get all of the upgraded swords (Hero, ancient, etc) and you'll never have to do them or the breakout or the block defense again if you don't want to.

Maldovar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:28 AM   #4 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   1,000 Posts   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

i give kudos to the people that beat the dash circuit games w/out the patch times. I just beat the 2nd one tonight w/ a time of 64secs and thats about 3 or 4 hrs doing it. Thats good enough for me @ the moment but may go back & try to get better times & see if I can beat the pre patch times.

My Maintained Thread:
List of (NA) Playstation Plus / IGC Free Games

hungherk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

U only need one playthrough in order to get all life-shards, magic-ups, swords etc.

I finished both dash circuit before there was a patch, beat the longer dash circuit in 56.25. It's not too difficult, just keep it up until U get under the limits

Currently working at: Games :P

MasterTonberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

this may be easy for some, but i'm not the kind of person who can do things that require quick reactions. The game would be better if it didn't have mini games at all.
IamLordTobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:58 AM   #7 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Silver Submission   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Bronze Road Map Submitter   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

This has been posted elsewhere, but I used this method to get this done pre-patch:

If you can't get it using this method, you'll never get it.

NOTE: I'm currently not accepting friend requests, blank or otherwise.
jqtaxpayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:20 AM   #8 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   MLB 13 - Home Run Derby King   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Staff - Moderator   2,500 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Community Gaming Event Bronze   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqtaxpayer View Post
This has been posted elsewhere, but I used this method to get this done pre-patch:

YouTube - (SECRET REVEALED!!) 3D Dot Game Heroes - How to Beat Dash Circuit Block Circuit and Monaca Circuit

Holy crap thats ingenious! I never seen that before but I might give it a shot.

Avatar and Signature made by ESYLD | Steam | PSNProfiles | Exophase | MyAnimeList
Reys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:05 AM   #9 (permalink)

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

that's funny. I did something similar when i did it. I tried making a thin guy thinking that it would make the hit detection smaller, but then you get hit by invisible barriers.

Then i realized the hit detection was based on the whole block so I made a complete block shape like the video, but I made it all red in the front so I could tell which way I was facing
Old 04-20-2011, 10:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqtaxpayer View Post

YouTube - (SECRET REVEALED!!) 3D Dot Game Heroes - How to Beat Dash Circuit Block Circuit and Monaca Circuit

I'd beg to differ. Got it without this method

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reys813fan View Post
Holy crap thats ingenious! I never seen that

before but I might give it a shot.
Tried this and found didn't work at all for me. Seems to work for some, but not others