Small Block Farming

PsienceWins

Which method do you think is faster? Should I go for the Crystal Slimes/Blue Dragons kills, or do I play Block Defense Plus repeatedly?

I need 23 more small blocks to buy the last 2 swords for the trophy and neither method sounds very appealing to me. I'm already on my FROM playthrough and have got all the small blocks that I could this time around from the world map and yada yada.

If I get lucky the farming from Crystal Slimes/Blue Dragons seems faster to me. What do you think? How did you get your last blocks?

Block defense did it for me. Grabbed my last small block last night - All Swords complete! Given what I know now, I definitely would not have gone for the 100% first playthrough - It's been way too long scrounging for blocks since i've actually played the game.

farming is the easiest. go right of the castle past the bridge, go south and loop around. go north into area with 6 rocks on frum mode. constantly go back and forth in the screens and guaranteed at least one dragon/slime appears. sometimes 3 or 4. use freeze spell kill, rinse repeat. when you run out of magic, use a tent. this method also helps farm gold for giga sword upgrade. best of both worlds.

where can i find Tirnaco's Errand blockdefense. is it after you beat the game. I'm currently doing from mode. will i be able to farm small blocks this way and on from playthrough?

thanks

From trophy guide...

The absolute fastest way to earn Small Blocks is to play the Block Defense Plus mini-game, specifically the Tirnaco's Errand level. To play this level, talk to the cat in the northwest corner of the first floor (ground floor for you UK folks) of Dotnia Castle.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
farming is the easiest. go right of the castle past the bridge, go south and loop around. go north into area with 6 rocks on frum mode. constantly go back and forth in the screens and guaranteed at least one dragon/slime appears. sometimes 3 or 4. use freeze spell kill, rinse repeat. when you run out of magic, use a tent. this method also helps farm gold for giga sword upgrade. best of both worlds.

This was my chosen solution in from mode as I enjoy farming while seeing some TV, and this is way more relaxed than doing Tirnacos. I got money for giga sword and 20 extra blocks for Spelunker, as I plan to buy excalibur for that run ... european version, yep.