Game randomly freezes

SirkSirk

Happens to me, I beat the Desert temple did all side quests and got hero sword and got 8 small blocks and was on my way to water temple and just froze. I reloaded my game up to find out that I dident even have the desert temple orb anymore. Its a good game though.

My game froze once.

[spoiler=darktower]It happen when I was in the Dark Tower and was fighting Dark Bishop Fuelle. It was toward the end of the battle with all his clones. They all were firing and I was using the Gigasword. I’m pretty sure it was on my second playthrough, which at that point I had installed the game. That was the only time it froze during three playthroughs.

I haven't experienced this problem yet, but I know a friend who did have major issues with freezing. Not sure why there's such a discrepancy for this problem. I've played it roughly 15 hours with no freezes while my friend had it freezing on him so much he returned the game. I have an original 60 GB PS3 and haven't installed the game, maybe one of those two factors are the reason.

No freezing. It's not the game, it's you.

And it's not because of installs either. Mine is installed and runs fine.

Well that's quite a theory, but posts of avid players whom have the game installed seem to be having this problem. If it was me, I'd pretty much be god and would freeze your game, but I'm not.

I'm on my FROM playthrough and it just froze at the water temple for the first time of this playthrough. Luckily, I save often, but it still sucks =/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
During my three playthrough, the game froze on me 4 to 5 times.

This was pretty much my experience. Every time it froze on me was when I was 'changing screens'. I would sit there waiting for about 15-30 seconds before I realized that it froze again and the next screen wouldn't load..no matter how long I waited. PS button was dead...screen was black.. but the music kept playing every time. Quite annoying since this game doesn't have autosave.

• 3 weeks later...

I've lost count of the # of freezes I've encountered (w/ a 120GB slim). The day before, I had one that cost me 2 hours of progress on Spelunker mode (I neglected to save) and yesterday it did it no less than three times. I DESPISE losing progress to outside circumstances like this ... :mad:

I'll be glad to be done with the game just to so I don't have to be an edge anymore.

• 2 weeks later...