XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > 0-9 (PS3) > 3D Dot Game Heroes

Old 12-27-2010, 10:40 PM   #21 (permalink)

To all who struggled with this trophy, I have a question for you. I know caves, houses, and boss rooms need to be visited in order to acquire this trophy. However, does anyone know if you need to complete the two fairy side quests in order to obtain this trophy as well? I only ask this because I completed my first play through of the game without finding the second fairy (although I did explore the cave where it's located), and was not awarded the trophy. I've been exploring the game world again, and I'm sure I been to every house/cave/dungeon/.etc, but I'm kind of stuck as to what else I should do. Anyone have any suggestions?................
beeter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:18 AM   #22 (permalink)

I hate this trophy so much. I still don't have it. I have no idea what I'm missing. I wish there was a checklist or something so I could know where I have been and not been.
captain_jack86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:09 AM   #23 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Maldovar

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeter84 View Post
To all who struggled with this trophy, I have a question for you. I know caves, houses, and boss rooms need to be visited in order to acquire this trophy. However, does anyone know if you need to complete the two fairy side quests in order to obtain this trophy as well? I only ask this because I completed my first play through of the game without finding the second fairy (although I did explore the cave where it's located), and was not awarded the trophy. I've been exploring the game world again, and I'm sure I been to every house/cave/dungeon/.etc, but I'm kind of stuck as to what else I should do. Anyone have any suggestions?................
You actually don't HAVE to complete any sidequests, with the exception of doing so to allow yourself access to new areas of the map. I spent some time looking for this after completing the game and it turned out to be I had missed one of the wishing wells (out in the desert on the coast).

The best advice I can give is to take a completed game save (preferably one in which you were trying to complete as much as possible) and a world map with all the locations marked on it and explore grid by grid to make sure that you entered everything. For instance, in the case of a cave you may have blown the entrance with a bomb, but not actually entered it. If it's a New Game+ you're playing off of you may have the swords but have never entered the block king's cave in that game. Or the faerie side quest caves if you were going for a different ending on that playthrough, or the game developer's cave, or a faerie fountain or one of the caves where you get a meager 100 gold or have to pay... or some waste of energy.

Maldovar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:11 PM   #24 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   1,000 Posts   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

my last spot was the fairy cave on the mountain, thank god i found it quick didnt want to start looking for the one cave i missed. i had the hole blown open but i guess never went inside cause the world trophy along w/ the plat popped as soon as i walked in there.

My Maintained Thread:
List of (NA) Playstation Plus / IGC Free Games

hungherk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:12 PM   #25 (permalink)

When I was still missing this trophy I decided to go at it with a systematical approach.

I printed out a copy of the map on a single page of paper. The map had the grid on it so I could break everything down into parts. Then I just went through everything. It turned out that I was missing a house that just had someone standing in it, but I found it. Make sure that you also opened up all rooms in each temple. This part is easier to check as all you have to do is walk into the temple and then use the provided map to see if any spots are still black.

Using this method it took me about 20 minutes to find the place I was missing.
archangel59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #26 (permalink)

Here's how I got it:

I beat the game once... you know, whatever.

Then on my From difficulty run, it wasn't until right before the dark tower when i started doing the bonus games, and grinding up for the giga sword that i finally started to mark down all the caves I visited on a notepad document. I'd mark it like:

Caves visited:

C1, C2, C3, C4, C5 (x2)

I did that using the world map section of Eghead's AMAZING walkthrough and I visited all the cave markings. When I thoroughly went through, it was when the game was beat and I went into about 4 unblown-up caves and the last one for me was the Fairy Fountain in section C5. Now that I think about it, I think it was the last cave I had to check. So I hope that helps someone...

Spelunker mode, here I come!! lol
rvdizecw420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:47 AM   #27 (permalink)

If you're doing it on a save where you earned the Life is Precious trophy or have all the Life Shards, remember you can safely rule out all of those caves around the map.

Not sure if it matters, but I made sure to explore every room of every temple when I earned mine. Popped on the wishing well cave below the desert temple.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:22 PM   #28 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I had a map and every cave I entered I checked it off
Old 11-11-2011, 11:20 PM   #29 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Wedge19

Can anyone confirm if you HAVE to explore all rooms in every temple? I heard somewhere that you didn't.....

EDIT: I CAN CONFIRM... you do NOT need all areas of each temple to get this.

I was missing the cave in area A4, to the West of Fina's Inn. Somehow I completely skipped that.

Last edited by Wedge19; 11-12-2011 at 12:34 AM.
Wedge19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #30 (permalink)

Default Finally

It was the Ortego blacksmith for me. If you're following the FAQ, be sure to check it out if it hasn't unlocked for you after beating the game.
cronqvist is offline   Reply With Quote