I'm missing Around the World trophy, where to check?

Ehou

After maxing Life and Magic bars and killing the end-boss using the graveyard sword, i'm apparently still missing the Around the World Trophy [visit all map locations].

I've since been going through caves on the world map, but i'm out of caves (using the gamefaqs walkthrough map).

What location do you think I'm missing? Maybe the last spot you found for this trophy can help? Do the minigames count as visited maps? (ie: the 5 block defense plus missions)

Thanks, if you can help.

EDITED FOR ANSWER: try the Lava Caves leading to the Fire Temple.

^^ sounds like I'm not the only one :p Thanks!

Edited by Ehou

You know that going in each house also counts towards the trophy right?

The more commonly missed ones are that one house in the west of Raejack with nothing in it, the house in Colneria, the Block King's cave, and the cave near the castle.

Try that first. If you're still missing it, I'll post some more help later.

Edited by BreadSkin

You know that going in each house also counts towards the trophy right?

The more commonly missed ones are that one house in the west of Raejack with nothing in it, the house in Colneria, the Block King's cave, and the cave near the castle.

Try that first. If you're still missing it, I'll post some more help later.

Thanks a bunch. After finding the similar thread about this trophy (on pg 2 in the forums at the time), it led me to the lava mountain caves.

I discovered a single mountain cave (with a pig in it, where you get the Gungnir) that i had never been in - and popped the trophy. wewt!

Which house is the one in Raejack with nothing in it? There's the house with the maze and the house beside it with the tip giver, are those the one's you mean?

I'm kinda stuck on this trophy... I have every sword except the ones you buy with small blocks, I found all the life shards, and found all the magic upgrades. Found the fountain by the desert cave. Found the fountain near the castle. Found the cave east of Jim's Shack. Visited the Block King. I'm not sure where else to check... :(

I had the same problem when I was finishing up the plat. Had everything done but this trophy. Went to every single area on the map and visited every cave I could think of.

Turns out that I missed a house in Raejack. It is the ONLY house the GameFAQ's guide does not have you go in. It is on the west side and when you go in it, it looks like a library. I do not remember if this is the same house as the one with the Tip Giver.

Hey guys,

I m really pissed with tthe trophy I have tried everything but I am still missing it.I have visited every temple,every cave,every boss room,every house.all the cave near the fire temple.my question is do the minigames(like tower defense) count towards the trophy cause I have not started all of the minigames? Or has anybody received the ttrophy without doin the minigames.Thnx in advance for any help.I will really appreciate it!

Thank you Raynair for the response.I have finally received the trophy last night after ~6 hours of checking non stop.It was at the f#%^in cave at C-5. Because of the freakin portals I have somehow missed it completely.Damn now that was a really frustating trophy for me...

I'm really glad I found this thread. I was about to give up on this trophy if I didn't get it on this play through. Another question. Does anyone know if the locations carry over in New Game +? Say you go in a house on one game but don't on the next one. Will you still get that location checked off the invisible checklist of locations? Not sure If anyone can answer this but just checking.

I can't get it either.

I made sure in my second playthrough to visit:

-Every House in the Towns, and all the Inns.

-I maxed out both Life and Magic bars.

-I found the easy missed cave near Jim's Shack.

-I beat the game again, so I have all temples and boss rooms.

-I found every well, the tent one, the bottle one, and the life shard.

-I think I have every fountain.

-I am 100% sure I found all the lava mountain caves.

I have no idea where else to look. No idea whatsoever. I have checked all the places that were easily missed that people have said on all the forums I have checked, even here. I am simply at a loss...

BUT! I don't think I saved the clear data so I'll have to go back into the final boss. But still, I would appreciate some suggestions...

Edited by NUTTY_CRUSADER
Adding Info

• 2 weeks later...

I'm stuck on this too and I'm about to give up, I have all the swords except the small blocks, all the heart pieces, all the magic pieces, and I just went through all the cave using the gamefaqs map...

I also went through all the houses...

I'm gonna have to recheck all the lava caves, but since I got all swords, I'm pretty sure I visited them all already...

Let me know if you have any suggestions

If you are following the EgHeadFool he will point out almost everything and since you are probably going for the platinum too, you are going to do every single event/life shard/ Magic Potion and obviously every boss too.. now there are few places where that guide will not lead you as they are totally pointless (platinum-wise talking). One of them is the house on the west section raejack village, inside there is nothing else then a bunch of bookshelves and a guy selling info, another one is the weaponsmith in Ortego village, just on the right side of the entrance. About the flame temple caves there will be only one where the guide won't directly lead you, but it will say that there is a useless cave that leads you further inside. Inside that tunnel there will be a Neutral Ropus (you know those tentacle looking mosters) standing in it. Something else it won't mention are the payment caves so you'll have to check them by yourselves and can't remember if he points out every wishing well. But since you'll be doing every key item, every event - Minigames and almost everything this game has to offer you won't miss many places =) Just keep looking for them and don't give any for granted as i did ^^" I thought that i checked every house inside the cities instead it turned out that i didn't check the weaponsmith in Ortego ^^

• 1 month later...
im a goose, i spent 1/2 an hour up at the lava caves looking for what i missed and the empty house in Raejack and the cave i missed was the very first FF in frount of the castle.

It's kinda funny, after my fight with Onyx I was expecting the trophy and I didn't get it, then checked the same place and thats what I was missing. Glad I saw your post to make me check there!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

To all who struggled with this trophy, I have a question for you. I know caves, houses, and boss rooms need to be visited in order to acquire this trophy. However, does anyone know if you need to complete the two fairy side quests in order to obtain this trophy as well? I only ask this because I completed my first play through of the game without finding the second fairy (although I did explore the cave where it's located), and was not awarded the trophy. I've been exploring the game world again, and I'm sure I been to every house/cave/dungeon/.etc, but I'm kind of stuck as to what else I should do. Anyone have any suggestions?................:confused:

To all who struggled with this trophy, I have a question for you. I know caves, houses, and boss rooms need to be visited in order to acquire this trophy. However, does anyone know if you need to complete the two fairy side quests in order to obtain this trophy as well? I only ask this because I completed my first play through of the game without finding the second fairy (although I did explore the cave where it's located), and was not awarded the trophy. I've been exploring the game world again, and I'm sure I been to every house/cave/dungeon/.etc, but I'm kind of stuck as to what else I should do. Anyone have any suggestions?................:confused:

You actually don't HAVE to complete any sidequests, with the exception of doing so to allow yourself access to new areas of the map. I spent some time looking for this after completing the game and it turned out to be I had missed one of the wishing wells (out in the desert on the coast).

The best advice I can give is to take a completed game save (preferably one in which you were trying to complete as much as possible) and a world map with all the locations marked on it and explore grid by grid to make sure that you entered everything. For instance, in the case of a cave you may have blown the entrance with a bomb, but not actually entered it. If it's a New Game+ you're playing off of you may have the swords but have never entered the block king's cave in that game. Or the faerie side quest caves if you were going for a different ending on that playthrough, or the game developer's cave, or a faerie fountain or one of the caves where you get a meager 100 gold or have to pay... or some waste of energy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When I was still missing this trophy I decided to go at it with a systematical approach.

I printed out a copy of the map on a single page of paper. The map had the grid on it so I could break everything down into parts. Then I just went through everything. It turned out that I was missing a house that just had someone standing in it, but I found it. Make sure that you also opened up all rooms in each temple. This part is easier to check as all you have to do is walk into the temple and then use the provided map to see if any spots are still black.

Using this method it took me about 20 minutes to find the place I was missing.