must read! about life shards

Juicebox13

That is correct. I meant to mention this myself. I discovered this in my Spelunker playthrough - I didn't want to pick up any life pieces, but unfortunately, you HAVE to pick up one of them.

I would say, "Just start over," but I bet you invested a decent amount of time in the minigame. :(

Edited by starcrunch061

That is correct. I meant to mention this myself. I discovered this in my Spelunker playthrough - I didn't want to pick up any life pieces, but unfortunately, you HAVE to pick up one of them.

I would say, "Just start over," but I bet you invested a decent amount of time in the minigame. :(

u have no idea...i spent over 3 hours getting 19.95 on dash circuit

u have no idea...i spent over 3 hours getting 19.95 on dash circuit

Oh, I know. Believe me, I know <shudder>

Actually, though, all is not lost. While you won't be able to max out life in this playthrough, you can still obtain all swords. In your next playthrough, you don't need the shard from the dash mini-game if you get the one out of the well, so you can max out then. It will take some extra time, but it's so much better than playing that horrible, horrible dash game. <shudder again>

Oh, I know. Believe me, I know <shudder>

Actually, though, all is not lost. While you won't be able to max out life in this playthrough, you can still obtain all swords. In your next playthrough, you don't need the shard from the dash mini-game if you get the one out of the well, so you can max out then. It will take some extra time, but it's so much better than playing that horrible, horrible dash game. <shudder again>

yea i dont think i could restart...its bad enough knowing i have one more dash circuit in head of me...so if i get the health up from elagon on from diff it will even out?

yea i dont think i could restart...its bad enough knowing i have one more dash circuit in head of me...so if i get the health up from elagon on from diff it will even out?

You don't save your health from normal mode to from difficulty, so you'll still have to get all of the shards and pieces again. The only saving grace is that you can avoid the dash minigame.

It might be cold comfort, but at least you have that. :(

You don't save your health from normal mode to from difficulty, so you'll still have to get all of the shards and pieces again. The only saving grace is that you can avoid the dash minigame.

It might be cold comfort, but at least you have that. :(

good enough for me...i already died and didnt think about the not dying trophy so might as well play ultra superbly on from diff

Really? Wow, that sucks. Terrible thing to overlook right there. Hopefully they patch it.

At least now we know why Zelda always left the doors slammed shut until AFTER you picked up the heart container.

i couldnt believe it at first...i was like "did i just leave the bossfight?" when i went back in and everything was gone my heart sank

i couldnt believe it at first...i was like "did i just leave the bossfight?" when i went back in and everything was gone my heart sank

You could have reloaded the game right after. It's better to start from your last save then the game completely. Even if you saved when entering the dungeon, it's very easy to do again. In fact, the first 2 dungeons are so short that you could restart the game again and be where you were in just an hour.

Edited by Giga_Gaia

You could have reloaded the game right after. It's better to start from your last save then the game completely. Even if you saved when entering the dungeon, it's very easy to do again. In fact, the first 2 dungeons are so short that you could restart the game again and be where you were in just an hour.

I agree. Just reload, all is not lost.

Just go for all swords in this playthrough, and get the life in the next one. It will take more time, but you'll probably want the boosted life anyway for From Mode.

wait...im confused...i thought u had to wait til from diff to get all swords, and ur life doesnt carry over right?

wait...im confused...i thought u had to wait til from diff to get all swords, and ur life doesnt carry over right?

Your life doesn't carry over, but there's no way to get the trophy now because of your miss. Maybe I should have been specific - you'll have to wait to get the Life trophy in your next playthrough.

You can definitely get all the swords in the first playthrough. I'm not sure where you heard otherwise.

Your life doesn't carry over, but there's no way to get the trophy now because of your miss. Maybe I should have been specific - you'll have to wait to get the Life trophy in your next playthrough.

You can definitely get all the swords in the first playthrough. I'm not sure where you heard otherwise.

gamefaqs guide says to wait til 2nd playthrough for swords because it takes 88 blocks