Am I doing something wrong?

Yarrg

I've been trying to "book" the Dark Knight Boss for at least a day now and I cannot seem to accomplish it. I've been trying the method(s) listed in the GameFAQs guide but i die before I am able to get enough hits in. So is there an easier method to get the Dark Knight in the Bestiary? :(

are you bringing 3-4 potions with you just in case? Id say bring a bunch of potions and block a lot. Take your time and dont rush hitting him with the book.

Yeah, I bring 4 potions with wonderdust, I usually die because I ,"somehow" I don't know why, get hit by his sword even though I have the shield up :think:

EDIT: Wow I got it when i tried again, what luck! :)

Edited by Yarrg

Yeah, I bring 4 potions with wonderdust, I usually die because I ,"somehow" I don't know why, get hit by his sword even though I have the shield up :think:
That happens to me as well. :(

I thought booking other bosses was bad, as it's just plain boring. But this one is infuriating. Booking bosses is easily the worst part of this game for me so far. Thankfully, I only need to do it once.

EDIT: Wow I got it when i tried again, what luck! :)

The Dark Knight was easily the most painful one for me. The phantom hits annoyed the crap out of me.

I'm glad you got it.