The likelihood of DLC for this game?

RojoScrolls

Regardless, I'd love a level editor. =)

Funny you should mention that, unless you already know what I am about to say in which case I guess it's not funny... anyway, this may be construed as a spoiler so fair warning before you read on.

There is a hidden cave in the game which contains a workshop, and in that workshop are a bunch of characters that represent the games developers. One of them introduces himself and then says something along the lines of "I made the level editor... Which got left out of the final game!". Not sure if this is just a joke or if such a thing really does exist, but if it's true that they cut it from the game, I wouldn't count on it being DLC.

As for the chances of it having DLC at all, it's possible. There actually already was DLC in Japan. It was some additional Block Defense (or whatever it's called) levels, but they were included on the disc for the US version. Just because the box only says "Trophies" doesn't mean that it won't have anything else, just look at some other games; Killzone 2 does not say "Add-On Content" yet it has DLC, and Disgaea 3 actually doesn't say anything at all yet it has been given a trophy patch and has DLC.

Don't believe everything you read on the back of a games box. I still remember how disappointed I was when I bought the broadband adapter for my GameCube because Mario Kart Double Dash said it had online play, only to find out that Nintendo never actually had servers for it and it was NOT online compatible... Dirty lying plumbers... er... anyway, yeah, Just because the box does or does not say something doesn't make it true. Another more recent example is the Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII. The box says it runs in 1080p resolution, when really it is running in some weird European resolution like 576p or something, then being upscaled by the system to simulate 720p. Guess that's what happens when they downscale the video and compress it to make it fit on 3 DVDs... But at least the PS3 version is on a single Blu-ray and really does run in 1080p.

I agree. This game needs, if not requires a sequel in the future. The way the game sold, I'm sure the funds will be there.

And having a level editor in the next game would be awesome.

Thanks for the tidbit, though. Haven't gotten to that cave yet.

There were 4 pieces of purchasable DLC for the Japanese version of 3DDGH.

The NA Atlus version (and EU version pretty sure) has Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 already on the disc.

However, Vol. 3 and Vol. 4 are NOT on the disc. These contain extra Block Defense levels (great for Small Blocks), the Classic Dungeon, and some other goodies like more pre-made heroes.

I'd like to know the word from Atlus if they are planning on putting those up for download on the PS Store.

Another more recent example is the Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII. The box says it runs in 1080p resolution, when really it is running in some weird European resolution like 576p or something, then being upscaled by the system to simulate 720p. Guess that's what happens when they downscale the video and compress it to make it fit on 3 DVDs... But at least the PS3 version is on a single Blu-ray and really does run in 1080p.
Love the random 360 bashing.

Love the random 360 bashing.

Not bashing, just stating the truth. I actually bought the 360 version of FFXIII first (I normally go 360 for multi-platform games) but then got it for PS3 as well when I found out about the differences.

There is a hidden cave in the game which contains a workshop, and in that workshop are a bunch of characters that represent the games developers. One of them introduces himself and then says something along the lines of "I made the level editor... Which got left out of the final game!". Not sure if this is just a joke or if such a thing really does exist, but if it's true that they cut it from the game, I wouldn't count on it being DLC.
Actually, if it was true, that gives it a better chance of being DLC. Maybe they can keep working on it and release it to players later if they already put work it.

If it wasn't true, that's when I'd figure it will never be added in.