Do the Mini-Games ever close? + Spelunker Question

Seiryu

Once you have unlocked a mini-game, is it there for good? Can you still go back even after beating the final boss and play all of the mini-games?

I ask this because, like most people, I find the mini-games ridiculously difficult. I'm using the guide on GameFAQs to make sure I don't miss anything, but since I can't seem to master the mini-games I have been skipping them so far (I've completed the Desert Temple). My goal is to pretty much do a 100% clear of the game (minus mini-games) on my normal play through, then go back and worry about the mini-games later, and have it so that once I start playing on From mode or Spelunker mode all I have to worry about are the trophies specific to those modes, rather than trying to collect swords and whatnot on the harder difficulties.

Basically, I plan to only have 5 trophies left once I complete normal mode, those five being two that can only be done in From mode (Save Spelunker and Beat From Mode) and two that can only be done in Spelunker mode (Play for 10 hours and Beat Spelunker mode), then of course the platinum. I'll be using multiple saves to do the two conflicting Princess trophies rather than doing two full play throughs for them.

And speaking of the "Save Spelunker" trophy, that brings me to my second question. Since you can only do this in From mode (according to the GameFAQs guide), does that mean that it does not count towards doing all of the events in the game? It is even possible to get all swords on normal mode where you can not do this event?

1) Yes, the mini-games stay open. Thank God.

2) According to the gamefaqs guide (which, incidentally, is possibly the single greatest guide I've ever seen there, complete with screenshots, an easily-accessible table of contents, etc.), spelunker is NOT one of the Moon Sword events.

However, honestly, I would wait until you play From Mode to grind everything out. It moves a LOT faster (particularly farming for small blocks).

Thanks.

Also, one last question. After looking a bit more closer at the trophies it seems there is more than just "save the princess" or "don't save the princess" that must be done on different saves. From what I gather it looks like I need to create two separate saves at some point after completing the flame & wind temples but before obtaining the light orb, then from one save just complete the game normally while on the other save I rescue the fairies then stay in the inn with the princess before completing the game. The question I have here is, at what point exactly do I need to make the separate save files?

Sorry if this is already answered in the FAQ, I've just been reading that as I go and not jumping ahead as it is rather long plus I don't want to get ahead of myself and see spoilers too early.

Thanks.

Also, one last question. After looking a bit more closer at the trophies it seems there is more than just "save the princess" or "don't save the princess" that must be done on different saves. From what I gather it looks like I need to create two separate saves at some point after completing the flame & wind temples but before obtaining the light orb, then from one save just complete the game normally while on the other save I rescue the fairies then stay in the inn with the princess before completing the game. The question I have here is, at what point exactly do I need to make the separate save files?

Sorry if this is already answered in the FAQ, I've just been reading that as I go and not jumping ahead as it is rather long plus I don't want to get ahead of myself and see spoilers too early.

You can save one of the fairies after the flame temple. This will have no affect on the trophy.

Then, after you complete the wind temple, make your two saves. Use the first to get the 2nd fairy (i.e. save the princess), and just beat the game on the second.

You can save one of the fairies after the flame temple. This will have no affect on the trophy.

Then, after you complete the wind temple, make your two saves. Use the first to get the 2nd fairy (i.e. save the princess), and just beat the game on the second.

Thanks.

Don't bother making two save files. Save the princess with both fairies, stay at the inn and complete the game on easy mode. On From mode, don't save the fairies and complete the game without the princess transformation. Third playthrough, all you should have left is the speulunker mode to finish off, your sword stats carry through to both new modes so grab only your best swords when get a chance and avoid repeating the numerous events.

Remember that you need to complete the game with the princess restored and one without. Since you need to complete From mode, you might as well save yourself the additional work and just not save the fairies on your From playthough and then complete the game to get the second ending trophy.

Edited by Thunder_At_Home

Don't bother making two save files. Save the princess with both fairies, stay at the inn and complete the game on easy mode. On From mode, don't save the fairies and complete the game without the princess transformation. Third playthrough, all you should have left is the speulunker mode to finish off, your sword stats carry through to both new modes so grab only your best swords when get a chance and avoid repeating the numerous events.

Remember that you need to complete the game with the princess restored and one without. Since you need to complete From mode, you might as well save yourself the additional work and just not save the fairies on your From playthough and then complete the game to get the second ending trophy.

This is my plan. Since 3 playthroughs are already required for Platinum, I saved her on my normal playthrough and will not bother with the fairies on From or Spelunker difficulty.

Anyone know if choosing Spelunker Mode in new game/new game + is harder/different than choosing Normal Mode and naming yourself SPELUNKER? like, IS spelunker mode the same as normal except 1 hit kills and no minigames etc? or is it EVEN harder than FROM mode PLUS 1 hit kills you??

(Just saved the guy, gonna be on Spelunker soon, figure i have to ask this)

Anyone know if choosing Spelunker Mode in new game/new game + is harder/different than choosing Normal Mode and naming yourself SPELUNKER? like, IS spelunker mode the same as normal except 1 hit kills and no minigames etc? or is it EVEN harder than FROM mode PLUS 1 hit kills you??

(Just saved the guy, gonna be on Spelunker soon, figure i have to ask this)

It's easier to play spelunker mode from Mew Game +. The reason is that you don't have to upgrade your swords again, so they'll be powerful from the start.