Rate the trophy difficulty...  

324 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_75.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.72

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted 5, most of the mini games are hard and frustrating just to finish them, let alone ace them. I believe there's only one missable trophy though(All Swords). One of them involves doing specific events after each dungeon and missing them means having to do a full playthrough aside from Spelunker mode.

Edited by prphairball

• 4 weeks later...

Normally, you'd wanna consider this a 6 or 7, but I'm gonna put this as an 8 or 9 in my book. It's not the hardest game ever, but it does require some insight if you wish to platinum it in the least possible amount of time, and there are some aspects that would require patience.

I voted an 8. I really believe this is going to be reallly hard. I have been playing the game, reading boards and stuff online and this is some of the things that make it an 8:

1) It will require 2-3 playthroughts. That is a ton of time!

2) You need to ace some of the mini-games in order to go after the All-Swords trophy. I spent the best part of yesterday's afternoon replaying them over and over and I did not even come close to acing them. They are hard!

3) Most side quests have a specific time limit, such as "do it before clearing up Desert Temple" and such. Unless you are using a guide (I was not) chances are you will miss a bunch of them. By experience I can tell that some of them are really boring and require a lot of back tracking or plenty of money to waste on wings.

4) Certain life shards are a matter of luck. Some of them require you to drop money down a well until you get them, but it might take thousands of G (or constantly loading a save file to try again) to get those.

5) Killing every boss without getting hit is a pain in the butt. I have tried some of them over a dozen times to get it.

6) Finishing the game without dying? Are you kidding? Prepare to load your file everytime you are about to die if you are going for this. Trust me, the game might seem easy with an uber gigantic sword, but lose half an apple and it gets hard quick!

Do I love the game? Absolutely. I am a huge Zelda fan and I have to say that the game holds up as a good "Zelda-style" romp. But some of these trophies are hard, require a lot of grind, are time consuming, difficult and frustrating. For every easy trophy there is one that is pretty hard.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm voting a 6. I just got the plat, and aside from the dark tower on Spelunker mode, this wasn't too difficult. I didn't think the dash races were as hard as they were boring to conquer. The thrill of seeing a new record time was dulled by long repetition to earn it. Plenty of grinding for bricks and gold throw more repetition into the mix. I'm glad I got those out of the way on the first playthrough.

I liked the balance of from and spelunker modes. They were frustrating at times, but required more strategy in terms of moving through the temples. Thank god for freeze magic!

I give this a 9. I've completed everything in here but the minigames, and after trying them for quite some time over the past few days, I'm shelving the game without finishing them.

1. They are hard. Ridiculously hard. They make Spelunker mode (one hit kills you) look like you're playing that silly Candyland board game.

2. They are also awful in general. Hard is fine if it's a fun challenge, but these games... They just stink. You have an awful variant of tower defense games, and an awful variant of Breakout. If I wanted to play either, I would go play a real version where they focused on making it fun, instead of this tacked on crap. And Dash Circuit? This is just plain sadistic in that it's both extremely hard and extremely boring. Not fun in the slightest.

These two overwhelming factors have made me shelve the game, leaving "Life is Precious!", "All Swords Obtained!", and "Congratulations!" locked. And I'd rather leave it as is instead of forcing myself to play the remaining difficult and boring drivel that's left any further. I learned my lesson from inFamous: Stop playing if you're not having fun anymore.

In short, this game could have been a 5 or 6, but the brutal minigames bump that score up up up!

6/10

Nothing too bad, despite the difficulty of the minigames. Though some might not be fun (Blockout I'm looking at you), I quite enjoyed the Block Defense game. As long as you've got the patience, meeting the time limit for the circuits shouldn't take so long.

Spelunker on the other hand, just frustrates me to no tomorrow. It's not cause its hard, its cause of those damn Blue Magi's ALWAYS teleporting in front of you. Otherwise, if you abuse the dash-into-wall-immunity and play cautiously, you'll do fine.

Very fun game though, don't let the difficulty throw you off!

Changed my mind about giving it 8. I decided to vote 6 because the mini games were really hard but few, I mean you only need to do two dash circuits and the block defense mini-games are pretty easy. I thought Spelunker mode wasn't so bad. Sure, you'll get really frustrated if you die toward the end of a long temple and have to walk through it all over again, but if you take extra caution and bring backup magic with you, it shouldn't be hard. I really enjoyed this game a lot and got so nostalgic over its Zelda-esque environment. It was overall one of the most fun games to plat.

This is a really fun game. Completing it on it’s beginning difficulty is something that any gamer should be able to do, trophies aside. In the very beginning of my first playthrough, I basically picked a direction to see what ever came along and talked to everyone I saw. After awhile I started shooting for the trophies.

A few of the trophies had some very difficult requirements. Dash circuits, in particular, that require you to complete the races under a certain time limit were very tough. If fact, I was beginning to doubt myself, but after many, many attempts it finally happened; immense relief once those races were out of the way. There are a total of three types of mini games, and they all felt out of place to me.

My first playthrough I had completed the majority of the trophies (Bestiary, All swords, Have a nice Night, Max life and magic, Bested, all events…etc), leaving basically the From Mode and Spelunker Mode related trophies to do.

The second playthrough, for me, was to simply completed the From Mode (and rescue Spelunker).

My third, and final playthrough, I ended up completing both Flawless Hero! (Clear the game without dying) and Spelunker Extraordinaire! (one hit and you die), simultaneously - not sure if I’d recommend doing it that way to anyone.

Three increasingly difficult playthroughs and some really tough trophies/requirements raised my final score.

I gave the platinum difficulty an 8.

[i joined my first platinum club with this game (sixth place), which makes this game even more memorable for me. Thanks to everyone that wrote walkthroughs, guides and hints, and those that maintain the clubs, too!]

I voted six. Not very hard at all. I was able to do most of the boss fights without getting hit on my first playthrough. The only potentially frustrating parts are the minigames, but with practice one could master them.

I give this game a 7. The FROM mode is kinda hard because there are too many enemies.

The Spelunker mode is not that hard with the fully upgraded swords. I beat Spelunker mode in 8+ hours without going after life shards, blocks, etc. except Magic Ups. The Dash Circuits are ridiculous and tough! I've played Monaca Circuit for nearly 4 hours which was not fun. Took me 3 modes and about 32+ hours to get the platinum trophy.

Voted 8. While I had no issue with the Dash Circuit games (luck?), I can see how some people would have major issues with them.

Like the poster above, I would also consider this platinum insanely impossible without the GameFAQ's guide.

All in all, took me around 40 hours to platinum.

I would say this is a 9.

I'm not a hardcore gamer, and I only go for trophies/plats when I see some fun coming out of it, and this game - well, it's hard, too hard really. I'm not going for the plat on this one.

I'm about done with my first, regular playthrough, and I won't even bother with "Spelunker mode" etc. I have, however, tried a few of the other challenging trophies, like the dash circuit one, as an example. Wow - it's just crazy. In fact, in this first playthrough, I had to use EgHead's guide several times, and that's just for being able to get through the game at all. And like other have said, there's basically no chance to get the platinum without using/following this guide for everything you do in the game, the time sensivity events, the hidden swords, etc etc - chances are that people will never figure these things out themselfs.

All in all, if this game isn't hard to plat - then nothing is. I played computer/video games for about 20 years now, and would atleast consider myself as an "avarage skilled gamer", and like I said, I find this game not only hard to plat, but also hard to play in the first place. As an exemple, just take the temples - you have to be very patient in some of the temples, every move you do must be choosen carefully and wisely. Not many of todays games have these elemens in them.

However, it's still a fun game, so people who like old, 80's styled NES games can't really go wrong with this one. Play it for fun is my advice. And if you're going for the plat - prepare yourself.