Question about NG+

dirtydozen

I just beat the game on normal and made a cleared save. I'm using the cleared save to finish up getting life shards, the rest of the swords, bestiary, etc for trophies before starting Spelunker and FROM. If I finish all those up and upgrade my swords to full, can I beat the last boss again and make a new clear save out of that? Basically will it prompt me to save again after I beat the final boss again?

Thanks in advance!

Also, does it make sense to bring a fully upgraded Excalibur into Spelunker mode?

I just beat the game on normal and made a cleared save. I'm using the cleared save to finish up getting life shards, the rest of the swords, bestiary, etc for trophies before starting Spelunker and FROM. If I finish all those up and upgrade my swords to full, can I beat the last boss again and make a new clear save out of that? Basically will it prompt me to save again after I beat the final boss again?

I'd actually suggest doing all that stuff in FROM mode like the trophy guide recommends. It's much easier to farm the gol required for the upgrades and such.

Also, does it make sense to bring a fully upgraded Excalibur into Spelunker mode?

Definitely! It makes the first part of the game pretty easy. I actually did my FROM playthough before spelunker, so I had a fully upgraded Giga sword. But since you don't have access to the Giga sword for a large part of the game, the Excalibur carried me through till I could get it. Glad I didn't play the game before the small block swords carried over :whistle:

Is it really easier on FROM or Spelunker? I have 9999g right now at the end of normal... :o Also, let's say I do spelunker difficulty next, will it give me another clear save to carry over into FROM? Thanks again!

Well considering that every upgrade of the giga sword costs thousands and the final upgrade for each category is 9999, that's really not very much. I just meant that farming money is easier on From. Obviously the game itself is harder.

As far as prompting you to save after spelunker, I honestly don't remember. I would guess it does though since you could theoretically buy swords for small blocks in that mode and those should still carry over to the next game.

Edited by MFVillin