Flawless Hero...the most useless type of trophy?

dirk510

Finished this game up a while back and loved it. Enjoyed getting every trophy with the exception of flawless hero. I just don't get the point. The trophy doesn't take any skill on top of the skills already required to beat the game. It's just tedious to not hit continue. There was a similar trophy in Ico, and I felt the same way. Why even put this trophy in the game?

i don't really think they intended, like for most of the trophies, it to be done this way (not hitting continue etc), but really by getting through the game without a single death.

there are many trophies out there which are meant to be very difficult or at least takes much time, i guess.

and then there is always a trick/glitch/whatever or simply by boosting with friends (i let you win and then you'll let me win) etc to do those trophies the easy way.

i even think there are those "crazy" people who are not about trophy hunting but playing the one game over and over because they love it so much and getting trophies like that "by accident", because they are really good.

but then again i guess you wont find those kind of people on a site like ps3trophies.org ;)

anyways: i'm currently on my first 3DDGH run and i also find it veeery annoying to reload instead of just continue. it's just pointless this way, i agree with you there.

dernop

• 3 weeks later...

I have to agree with you there too. Bit annoying having to save at every area, just to reload instead of hitting continue everytime. So last night when I got back to to it I accidentally hit continue. It was late and I was tired and completely forgot about the trophy. So now I've messed it up.

So now I have a question:

Can you still get the 'Flawless hero' if I start a new game from scratch or new game+? Or on a different difficulty?

Edited by LittleBigDes

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I thought the game was awesome. I got that trophy in splenuker difficulty. That mode was fun. Very good trophy list. I platinum'd the game.

It's a great game, very underrated. I did get a bit fed up of all the back tracking but hey it has it old skool feel to it from doing so. More people should pick his game up. I'm yet to finish it and I Think I messed up on getting the giga sword :( I didn't know about visiting the game devs house after every temple.

• 2 months later...

I don't see why people complain so much. There's dozens of games with the same kind of trophy. The only reason people are complaining is because it's hard. People want platinums but aren't willing to work for them...it's just plain lazyness.

This game is a joke in terms of difficulty next to games like [Prototype], Demon's Souls and Dark Souls...Hell, White Knight Chronicles is harder than 3D Dot Game Heroes...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
...says the guy who still doesn't have the 3D Dot Games Hero plat, two months after posting this.:rolleyes:

I haven't played it yet. I've been busy getting my platinums for older games that are far more overdue, like Free Realms. Since 3D Dot Game Heroes does not have any online-related trophies, it's very low on my priority list of games I need to finish ASAP, such as F.E.A.R. 2...which will be Hell. And not because it's hard...

When I do get around to it, I will finish it.

2,114 out of 26,048 on Yourgamercards.net for Flawless Hero. Proof that it's not really hard, people are just lazy.

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't played it yet. I've been busy getting my platinums for older games that are far more overdue, like Free Realms. Since 3D Dot Game Heroes does not have any online-related trophies, it's very low on my priority list of games I need to finish ASAP, such as F.E.A.R. 2...which will be Hell. And not because it's hard...

When I do get around to it, I will finish it.

2,114 out of 26,048 on Yourgamercards.net for Flawless Hero. Proof that it's not really hard, people are just lazy.

I couldn't care less about your "priority list", and I didn't say the game was hard (although, even after the advent of easier race times, and without online trophies, the plat is still less than a 5% proposition on YGC). What I said was that it's silly to mouth off about it being easy when you don't even have the plat. There is a huge difference.

This trophy isn't even a hurdle to the plat and it shouldn't stop anyone, it's just a pain if you don't save for ages. And to the guy who said Prototype is way harder than this obviously hasn't done the mini games or got the EU version. Prototype can hardly be considered difficult when compared to this...

This trophy isn't even a hurdle to the plat and it shouldn't stop anyone, it's just a pain if you don't save for ages. And to the guy who said Prototype is way harder than this obviously hasn't done the mini games or got the EU version. Prototype can hardly be considered difficult when compared to this...

those race mini games where a bitch even w/ the na patch, took me many attempts to get it and just get the times they wanted. if i didnt have the patch prop would still be attempting them till this day.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand the OP, but this trophy isn't really that bad. If you know about it, you can tackle it on your first playthrough (IIRC, that's what I did). Yeah, it's annoying, but not really hard (esp. on normal mode) if you are familiar with these types of games. There are plenty of other "pointless" trophies out there that are HARD and those are the kind that really get my goat.

• 1 month later...
Really? I obviously don't have the plat, haven't played this game in ages, but by my recollection the second race was much easier than the first.

I did the first race in like 5 to 10 minutes. :p The second took me many many hours. The first require you to do perfect for like 20 seconds, the other require you to do near perfect for about 60 seconds. The latter is in my opinion much harder.

Edited by MMDE

• 3 years later...
It's a great game, very underrated. I did get a bit fed up of all the back tracking but hey it has it old skool feel to it from doing so. More people should pick his game up. I'm yet to finish it and I Think I messed up on getting the giga sword :( I didn't know about visiting the game devs house after every temple.

The only time I was pissed off about back-tracking was in the flame temple. That was some first-class BS right there. Pain in the a$$.

Other than that, nothing really bothered me.