XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > 0-9 (PS3) > 3D Dot Game Heroes

Old 12-15-2011, 09:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Kheapathic Send a message via Skype™ to Kheapathic

Awards Showcase Gold Submission   Guide Supplement Bronze   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Word of Mouth - Gold   2,500 Posts   PAX Meet Up   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Member of the Month Winner   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Default Mech Game Event

I've been following the walkthrough that the trophy guide mentions. I've been going to the From Cave after every boss and such to talk to all the NPC's, however now all of a sudden I got a sign saying that development has been cancelled, so I have a question. Trophy-wise, does this prevent me from getting anything in the game. If so, which NPC do I have to talk to every round, because I can't tell which one triggers the extension of the event.

There should be a trophy in Playstation Home for listening to "Chain Swing" 50 different times.
天および地球で私は神聖である
Kheapathic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Bronzer Than Nothing   2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheapathic View Post
I've been following the walkthrough that the trophy guide mentions. I've been going to the From Cave after every boss and such to talk to all the NPC's, however now all of a sudden I got a sign saying that development has been cancelled, so I have a question. Trophy-wise, does this prevent me from getting anything in the game. If so, which NPC do I have to talk to every round, because I can't tell which one triggers the extension of the event.
Im not sure because im just about to start my From playthrough but cant u just talk to everyone in the cave. I did do the event for a few temples but i didnt notice any of NPC's saying anything different and there wer no additions in there so it is kinda confusing.

PSNP|Playfire|Anime Planet
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
LukeyCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheapathic View Post
The developers give you a Key Item (Mech game or something) needed to get a sword (don't remember which one - Wyrm sword?). Therefore the All Swords trophy requires doing it.

I'm also not sure which NPC in the room to talk to - I talked to all the development guys each time (not the Demon Souls parody guys). There's a "boss" figure and then pairs of programmers (increasing each time the event continues) who say different things. I kept a separate save before the boss of each temple in case I screwed this event up just to save doing a complete new playthrough for it.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:34 AM   #4 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Almost Golden   Guide Supplement Bronze   Word of Mouth - Gold   2,500 Posts   Platinum Road Map Submitter   Platinum Submission   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Member of the Month Winner   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)

The guy in the middle of the room gives you a Key Item if you talk to him successfully before and after clearing every Temple - Mech Game "Armored Core".

Assuming you are playing the US version, collecting all Key Items is required for the Moon Sword. (Which I might add is the strongest sword without upgrades when you're not a full health). For the JP (unsure about EU version) you not only have to collect all Key Items, you have to see every event.

Collecting all swords on the same playthrough rewards you a Trophy. In particular, this sword does not carry over in NG+, so you have to do everything again.

So.. yeah you're screwed.

Last edited by yewjhin; 12-16-2011 at 03:38 AM.
yewjhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

This moon sword is a pain, and does not carry to the new game +.
If that's your first playthrough, in my opinion there's no big deal: you probably wouldn't want to farm small blocks on normal mode to get all the kings swords (unless you have a lot of time on your hands), so you wouldn't get the "all swords" trophy anyway. I recommend to do that on FROM mode, since blue dragons spawn a lot more, making it easy to farm small blocks and buy all swords with the king. So, pay more attention to this event when you're playing FROM mode.