is it worth it

tbdcakes

If you like some Old School style gaming (it feels like NES Zelda 1), its fun. If you don't mind taking the time and patience on it, you could Platinum it.

Sadly, I didn't beat it, nonetheless Plat it, but I thought it was pretty fun when I did play it. ^^

Worst case: hey it's cheap now, and you could always trade it back in or sell it.

I'm only halfway through my first playthrough. It's worthwhile to try, but I don't know if I'm going to bother with all 3 playthroughs and all the minigames in order to plat it. The game runs on nostalgia instead of actually producing something that would memorably stand on its own. Too often the game tries to reference other titles instead of building its own universe, elbowing you in the ribs while winking and joking how cheesy those titles were. That gets old fast. Thankfully the gameplay is good enough to keep going (at least so far).

EDIT: ok, I platted it. The gameplay is definitely the game's strong point. I think the game is more enjoyable than it really should be because there is simply nothing else like it - it fills a void that I had forgotten about for decades. Really missing the NES Zelda's right now.

Edited by Stork77

As others have said, if you enjoy older Zelda this is rather fun. If you're looking for a fast/easy plat then this isn't necessarily the right game. While it's not too bad, some of the trophies can be rather tedious and frustrating. Really hard to do without using the events walkthrough.

After 3 playthroughs I feel pretty done with it, but could also see playing through it again in a year or so.

I grew up playing the classic Zelda when I was quite young. It was great to play a new game in a similar style to it. Playing through the game the first time was not bad, but then when you go for some of the harder trophies it really made things a bit more interesting and it did not bother playing through multiple times.