Own music in demo mode?

Clayman

Hi,

played around with this one yesterday - from the video of the demo I got the impression ("use your own playlist") that it could serve as visualizer; was keen to see how the program would react to the rhythm of my songs.

From what I can make out though, when you play 'demo mode' you always hear the standard tune - only in "DIY" mode you hear your own music (and have to do the movement yourself).

Am I missing something? Can I not play this in the background where the game plays my music and reacts to it?

Developed by .theprodukkt, .detuned is a personalized, interactive music experience which gives you the opportunity to create dynamic artwork in real-time to accompany your XMB music collection. Manipulate the given scene by interacting with and modifying its unique graphics using the DUALSHOCK 3 Wireless Controller. Plus you can change and tweak your own music to accompany the scene.

Sounds to me as if this isn't going to do what you want it to do (which, coincidentally, would also be what I want it to do). But I haven't bought the "game", so additional confirmation would be helpful.

Also, for anyone who has it, can I play when streaming MP3s and/or play using an audio CD or is this intended for those who actually keep music on their PS3 hard drive (whoever that is)?

i havent figured out how to use your own music in demo mode, which sucks cause this would make a nice visualizer and i might actually listen to music through my ps3 more often. playing around with the stuff to my own music is cool, but gets boring after 10 minutes. if it would do crazy stuff and react to my own music, then it would be perfect.

jqtaxpayer, it doesnt seem to display an audio cd as an option to play from, just stuff off the hard drive. its pretty easy to import stuff off a cd though, but the majority of my music is on an external hard drive, so when i first got my ps3, and upgraded to a 320 gb hdd, i just dumped all of it on there. with alot of games supporting in game music from xmb, im sure alot of ppl keep their music on their ps3 these days.

i havent figured out how to use your own music in demo mode, which sucks cause this would make a nice visualizer and i might actually listen to music through my ps3 more often. playing around with the stuff to my own music is cool, but gets boring after 10 minutes. if it would do crazy stuff and react to my own music, then it would be perfect.

jqtaxpayer, it doesnt seem to display an audio cd as an option to play from, just stuff off the hard drive. its pretty easy to import stuff off a cd though, but the majority of my music is on an external hard drive, so when i first got my ps3, and upgraded to a 320 gb hdd, i just dumped all of it on there. with alot of games supporting in game music from xmb, im sure alot of ppl keep their music on their ps3 these days.

I guess... I'm still using my 60gb hard drive and figure if I'm going to pour money into buying a new HDD I could just pick up an additional 120gb slim for just a little more. I've got a fair amount of installs and DLC on my PS3, though, and I like to keep as many on there as possible... so if I say "Hey, I'd really like to play Oblivion," I don't have to wait an hour to do it.